What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mini 4 problem

IlyaVyv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
My new ipad mini 4 looks like that:

Attachments

• mini.JPG
    mini.JPG
    307.5 KB · Views: 1,299
OP
I

IlyaVyv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not do it with him, its new from Germany

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not sure what is going on, but several of those icons are square and/or other non-standard shapes. I'm pretty sure you can't do that on a non-jailbroken iPad.

If you did not get this iPad through an Apple store or authorized Apple retailer there is a good chance you got sold a fake.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi!
My new ipad mini 4 looks like that:

Not sure what is going on, but several of those icons are square and/or other non-standard shapes. I'm pretty sure you can't do that on a non-jailbroken iPad.

If you did not get this iPad through an Apple store or authorized Apple retailer there is a good chance you got sold a fake.
I also think you got stuck with a counterfeit iPad. It doesn't look like that iPad in your photo is even running iOS.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Guys for your responses regarding a potential 'fake' iPad Mini - some discussion HERE and plenty of other hits w/ a Google search - I guess that the point is to buy from Apple or an authorized Apple distributor - Dave :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I did not do it with him, its new from Germany

Its not a fake,I bought it in computeruniverse.They are very slow to respond to letters...
I find it in Apple - Support - Check Your Service and Support Coverage

OK - where do you live and explain the first quote above about 'I did not do it with him, its new from Germany' - very confusing w/o some explanation. Further, your link is of no help w/o providing us w/ the serial number of your presumed 'real' iPad Mini - you really need to provide more details about this purchase. Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those apps showing on the iPad screen in your photo are nothing that came out of the App Store. The header at the top of the screen is not what appears at the top of a genuine iPad home screen. There are none of the stock apps showing. There is no dock at the bottom of the screen. It might be possible to do these things with a jail broken iPad, but the iPad Mini 4 was released on September 9th, after the release of iOS 9 and there is no iOS 9 jailbreak available .

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Its not a fake,I bought it in computeruniverse.They are very slow to respond to letters...
I find it in Apple - Support - Check Your Service and Support Coverage

Well, I went to Computer Universe and searched on the iPad Mini - screenshot below looks a LOT different from the one you provided, i.e. the native apps are showing and a dock is present - I'm assuming that you can simply return the product and either ask for another one or shop elsewhere - what more help can we provide? Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 11.39.57 PM.png

OP
I

IlyaVyv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
response from CU:
Hello,
thanks for your inquiry.
This is the Apple diagnosis menu.
That should not be viewable to customers.
Could you try to recover this item?
Press home button and power button for about 15 secs and connect it to the pc.
The display should remain black and you will get a prompt: Device in recovery mode found.
I did it and nothing has changed

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Interesting. We learn something new every day. I thought Apple had to plug some special dongle or (something) into the iPad to enable the diagnostics. Guess not.

As the CU support persons says, you should not be seeing that screen. I suggest you insist on a replacement. Even if you manage to get out of that mode the fact that it shipped this way may indicate underlying problems, or not. But why take chances?

If CU doesn't want to deal with you, or they are too slow, your Apple warrantee is still good. You can always go through Apple for help. Matter of fact, you have 90 days of free Apple Tech Support. Somewhere in your box there should be a small card with support numbers on it.

Most reactions

Latest posts