What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini 2 Retina iOS Version?

CodeBr3ker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey

Can someone tell me exactly which version of iOS (X.X.X) the iPad Mini Retina (Or iPad Mini 2) comes with? Every retailer that has it sais iOS 7, though some of my friends who has it says it came with iOS 8 onboard..?

Thanks

-CodeBr3ker

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey

Can someone tell me exactly which version of iOS (X.X.X) the iPad Mini Retina (Or iPad Mini 2) comes with? Every retailer that has it sais iOS 7, though some of my friends who has it says it came with iOS 8 onboard..?

Thanks

-CodeBr3ker
It could be a version of iOS 7, depending on when it was produced. It was first introduced in October, 2013. The exact version of iOS installed depends on when it left the factory. The latest version of iOS is installed on an iOS device just before its shipped from the factory. If you want iOS 7 on it, you'll have to check it out before handing over your money, as the iPad Mini 2 is still offered alongside the iPad Mini 3.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey

Thanks

-CodeBr3ker

Initially the iPad Mini 2 came with iOS 7.0.3 from Apple. Though depending on when the retailer received the Mini 2 from Apple, it is possible to have a more recent version of iOS installed.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

OP
CodeBr3ker

CodeBr3ker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I will do that then, thanks!

It could be a version of iOS 7, depending on when it was produced. It was first introduced in October, 2013. The exact version of iOS installed depends on when it left the factory. The latest version of iOS is installed on an iOS device just before its shipped from the factory. If you want iOS 7 on it, you'll have to check it out before handing over your money, as the iPad Mini 2 is still offered alongside the iPad Mini 3.

OP
CodeBr3ker

CodeBr3ker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well I guess it is save to assume that since iOS 7 is listed on the specification page for it on the retailers website, that the unit actually comes with iOS 7, otherwise they got a problem!

Initially the iPad Mini 2 came with iOS 7.0.3 from Apple. Though depending on when the retailer received the Mini 2 from Apple, it is possible to have a more recent version of iOS installed.

Roy

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're not sure of which version is sitting on your device check that on Settings>General>About, with the version you have shown about half way down.
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you're not sure of which version is sitting on your device check that on Settings>General>About, with the version you have shown about half way down.

The OP wouldn't be able to do that until after he purchased the device. He was wanting to know what version of iOS it came with before making the purchase.

Roy

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The OP wouldn't be able to do that until after he purchased the device. He was wanting to know what version of iOS it came with before making the purchase.

Roy

You are absolutely right if he is in the process of shopping for one. I thought I would add my $0.02 just on the off chance that may have purchased one. I've been known to make lousy assumptions before;)
Andrew

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts