What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad mini 2 or itouch 5

heylanceyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone! so. i need a bit of a help with regards of what device should i get for christmas.I personally like both device, but ofcourse i can only get one from the 2 (cs i can't use them both ) Soo..i'm a college student, i travel 2 hrs from my home to my school everyday. And i want a portable device that can entertain me. Well, i have an ipad 3 tho its too heavy and big i'd need a smaller device, and i think this 2 is the best option. The only thing is that i don't know which one should i get.

Let me describe how i feel about the 2, though its really confusing me too so i need fresh ideas and atleast to lighten me up.

i've always wanted the itouch ever since i was in 2nd yr high school(well, the fourth gen by that time). It was the first thing i admire in apple because i've always thought of it as the new gameboy(LOL) but srsly i find it really cool due to its stylish look and its capability as just a small device. Then the ipad mini comes and it was just wicked! I like the fact that the huge lcd sides are gone(hope u guys get me haha) and it looks like an ipod(only bigger) I'm ok bringing any of the 2 while travelling, the thing is ipad will be staying in my bag(which i'm afraid someone might steal it when i'm in line for the train) and if ever, the touch will be in my pocket. I really want the ipod, the problem is that anytime soon it will be outdated soon as it is still in a5 and might not be able to run some games soon. Then the ipad mini with a7 that may serve me for more years. I have no probs with music cos i have a phone for it. Same goes to the price. I actually had made up my mind about the ipad mini untill my mom said she's getting me a laptop soon because i'm an art student, so i' ll use it for photoshop and stuff. So i may not be able to use the ipad as much for games but i may use it for school stuff. idk i'm confuse

Maybe what is the device that is good for travlling, better experience, could serve me with bunch of stuff and all. I am planning on watching movies, play games and surf the net. The gb is fixed (32gb) so its the mini 2 not 3. Pls help..or atleast tell me ur opinion. Would be nice if you read from the very beginning even though my explanation is a little bit confusing

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Personally, I'd go for the iPad Mini 2. The extra utility triumphs the extra portability. The screen is going to be a lot nicer for games, reading, and movies. You'll also be able to do a bit of school work now and then; basic document editing, online research, note taking, etc.

The advantages of the iPod Touch are purely portability, because it will be in your pocket. But you said you already have a phone. How many things do you want to carry in your pocket?

As for risk of theft, well, I guess you're just going to have to learn to be careful with your backpack. It's not like you'll be able to afford to lose whatever else is in it. School books are expensive. :)

Maybe you can get one of those bluetooth fob things that make noise whenever they get too far apart. Put one you're keychain and another on the backpack.

OP
H

heylanceyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i guess that lighten me up already. Thank u!
i'm getting the ipad mini!

OP
H

heylanceyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess i just have to be really careful with thefts( that is actually one of my major probs) so i had the ipod touch as one of my choices..but yeah, its update/ old system somehow bothers me which still puts me to choose between the latest system ( ipad mini) or a just fine but old system but portable. But since, iguess, ipad mini could be easily covered, maybe i could use some sort of plastic so it would produce loud sound if someone's taking it( haha i just thought of it) hahaha and yeah i think my smartphone could serve me with the portability in taking pics. Though i don't really take pics but that might work. Haha thanks u guys! but i would love to hear more opinion tho. Atleast before christmas

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
i guess that lighten me up already. Thank u!
i'm getting the ipad mini!

No problem. Now, if you were in the market for an iPhone, the 6 Plus is right between the two, and might have been ideal for you. Both pocketable (big pockets), great games, and big enough to do some light work.

Most reactions

Latest posts