What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad mini 2 and Samson carbon 49

Markopolo95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it or can it be tweaked to work with the ipad mini 2? I purchased this being told it would but my ipad has told me that this accessory is not supported by this ipad even though a number of sites say that this midi controller should work with anything from ipad 2 onward- let me know what i can do because I want to use the sounds from my ipad in live performances- all the best!

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the Samsung carbon 49 but the iPad mini 2 witch I have also was discontinued by Apple and is pretty dated. I'm sorry I could not help but I'm sure someone will know.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Does it or can it be tweaked to work with the ipad mini 2? ..............

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Now, I do not own that Midi Controller, but a PC Mag article from June 2012 reviewed the device w/ an iPad 2 (released in the spring of 2011; the iPad Mini 2 was released in November 2013), which apparently worked using to old 30-pin 'camera connection kit adapter' (see pic below from the article; the Mini 2 would need the same 'lightning adapter') - I don't see why your 'newer' iPad model would not work w/ the midi controller?

So, review the article, and also tell us how much storage is on your Mini 2 and also what iOS is installed (the device was released w/ iOS 7 but can be upgraded to iOS 10 - advancing to the most recent iOS would be recommended). Dave
Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 8.26.11 AM.png

Most reactions