What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad micro sim used in other devices (i.e. android phones, mifi 2372?)

hcheun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys

Since there's all this hubub about getting the micro sim to work on your "iPhone" nothing really concrete on if that same micro sim, when modded to retrofit to a regular sim slot, can be used

obviously after activated on an ipad of course

thanks!

- hcheun

jeffharris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as you have a normal SIM to micro SiM adapter (you can buy one here microsim-shop . com )you can use your micro SIM in any normal SIM slot

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
yeah they will work.

The metal part of the chip is basicly the same for both, its just the plastic around it that is in a smaller/larger shape.

Put the micro sim in a full size sim adapter and it will work int he iphone or any other device that takes a full size sim.

johnprop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as you have a normal SIM to micro SiM adapter (you can buy one here microsim-shop . com )you can use your micro SIM in any normal SIM slot

I bought the SIM to micro SIM adapter and inserted a 3G wireless broadband ipad micro SIM into a wireless broadband USB. The software loaded OK and connected to the ISP. I can access ISP web pages but IE would not access Google, gmail etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks

andreweur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Normaly SIM to micro SiM adapter (btw the best prices are here gomicrosim . com ) should provide the same functionality as the regular sim card. If " IE would not access Google, gmail etc" than it's probably the software issue.

johnprop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Normaly SIM to micro SiM adapter (btw the best prices are here gomicrosim . com ) should provide the same functionality as the regular sim card. If " IE would not access Google, gmail etc" than it's probably the software issue.

45 minutes on the phone to ISP's offshore call person who solved the problem. Salesman in the Shop had activated my iPAD as a mobile phone.
Big mistake ... activate your own sim, don't let Shop salespeople do it. My desktop is now wireless online, lappy will be next & Voda wireless about to get the flick.
Cheers

Nigel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Besides getting the iPad you should also get a microSIM adapter as well.
The main reason why you need this adapter is because you can use the cheap data-plan provided by your mobile service provider on any device other than iPad with the help of the adapter.
I got mine from microsim2sim 2010© | microSIM ADAPTER SHOP, they have it designed with an adhesive layer that keeps your microSIM firm in place at any angle. I think they are the only ones that have this model. Also, they sent me as a bonus a special sticker that i could stick to the normal SIM card and cut out microSIM with the help of the guide lines marked on the stick. Overall it’s a great stuff that will probably save me some money.

Drezden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Besides getting the iPad you should also get a microSIM adapter as well.
The main reason why you need this adapter is because you can use the cheap data-plan provided by your mobile service provider on any device other than iPad with the help of the adapter.
I got mine from microsim2sim 2010© | microSIM ADAPTER SHOP, they have it designed with an adhesive layer that keeps your microSIM firm in place at any angle. I think they are the only ones that have this model. Also, they sent me as a bonus a special sticker that i could stick to the normal SIM card and cut out microSIM with the help of the guide lines marked on the stick. Overall it’s a great stuff that will probably save me some money.

Great, because i found where to get the adapter in the link above, but here you also get a sticker... thanks for the hint

maxster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used my Rogers microSIM with my iPad data plan in my iPhone and it works no problem.

Can you check to see if this still works? What setting did you use in your iPhone for APN etc because I can't seem to get it to work - I get the data by day pass screen when I try to browse.

Thanks.

Reginald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, as far as I know, there is no need to buy two Ipad data plans! I heard there is a thing called micro sim adapter. Basically, u put ur microsim card inside it, and then u can use it in both Ipad and Iphone. I googlesearched it and found this site that sells it: gomicrosim . com They say it costs 4.5 EUR. They also seem to offer the sticker guide to cut the regular simcard into the microsim. According to my calculations it should save me 1440$, since now I have no need to sign for another 2 years plan with AT&T.

msk.mtsmt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have the iPad Wifi and will buy something called b-mobile WiFi here in Japan, which is basically a MiFi, completely sim-free and compatible with GSM/GPRS/EDGE:850/900/1800/1900MHz and HSUPA/HSDPA/WCDMA:800/2100MHz.

Does that mean if I go to the States and buy a replacement micro sim card from AT&T and have someone activate it for me on their iPad 3G, I will just need to get one of those micro-to-normal sim adapter to make it fit into the MiFi (which has a normal-size sim slot) and use it as a mobile broadband router to which to hook up my iPad and laptop?

I'd really, really appreciate information and your thoughts/opinions/advice on this! Thank you!

Masaki

chokonen888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Masaki, I'm also in Tokyo. I think that should work unless your adaptor is sim locked to bmobile. Not sure if that's the case or not but it often is here...

msk.mtsmt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
> chokonen888

Thanks! According to their website, the b-mobile router is SIM-free. Now what concerns me most is that AT&T might refuse to sell a replacement SIM card since I do not have the iPad 3G... Anyone, any thought?

Masaki

Most reactions

Latest posts