iPad micro sim used in other devices (i.e. android phones, mifi 2372?)

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by hcheun, May 25, 2010.

1. hcheun

hcheun
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hello guys

Since there's all this hubub about getting the micro sim to work on your "iPhone" nothing really concrete on if that same micro sim, when modded to retrofit to a regular sim slot, can be used

obviously after activated on an ipad of course

thanks!

- hcheun

2. jeffharris

jeffharris
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    As long as you have a normal SIM to micro SiM adapter (you can buy one here microsim-shop . com )you can use your micro SIM in any normal SIM slot

3. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
    yeah they will work.

The metal part of the chip is basicly the same for both, its just the plastic around it that is in a smaller/larger shape.

Put the micro sim in a full size sim adapter and it will work int he iphone or any other device that takes a full size sim.

4. johnprop

johnprop
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I bought the SIM to micro SIM adapter and inserted a 3G wireless broadband ipad micro SIM into a wireless broadband USB. The software loaded OK and connected to the ISP. I can access ISP web pages but IE would not access Google, gmail etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks

5. andreweur

andreweur
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Normaly SIM to micro SiM adapter (btw the best prices are here gomicrosim . com ) should provide the same functionality as the regular sim card. If " IE would not access Google, gmail etc" than it's probably the software issue.

6. johnprop

johnprop
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    45 minutes on the phone to ISP's offshore call person who solved the problem. Salesman in the Shop had activated my iPAD as a mobile phone.
    Big mistake ... activate your own sim, don't let Shop salespeople do it. My desktop is now wireless online, lappy will be next & Voda wireless about to get the flick.
    Cheers

7. Nigel

Nigel
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Besides getting the iPad you should also get a microSIM adapter as well.
    The main reason why you need this adapter is because you can use the cheap data-plan provided by your mobile service provider on any device other than iPad with the help of the adapter.
    I got mine from microsim2sim 2010© | microSIM ADAPTER SHOP, they have it designed with an adhesive layer that keeps your microSIM firm in place at any angle. I think they are the only ones that have this model. Also, they sent me as a bonus a special sticker that i could stick to the normal SIM card and cut out microSIM with the help of the guide lines marked on the stick. Overall it’s a great stuff that will probably save me some money.

8. Drezden

Drezden
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Great, because i found where to get the adapter in the link above, but here you also get a sticker... thanks for the hint

9. adamh10

adamh10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I used my Rogers microSIM with my iPad data plan in my iPhone and it works no problem.

10. Paffy

Paffy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, i found a guy using microSIM via microsim adapter from microsim2sim 2010© | microSIM ADAPTER SHOP on this video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwaJnB8fMYA]YouTube - micro-SIM adapter in action 2 (inserting into the phone)[/ame]