What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad messages

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't figure out how to stop this! Every time I send a message from my iPad 2 (new OS), it also appears on my iPhone. When I get a response the same thing happens...I get the message tone on both devices. Does anyone know of a way that, if I send a message from my iPad, it will only appear on the iPad and not both? Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The odds are pretty good that you've duplicated the ways you can be contacted via iMessage on both the iPad and the iPhone.

To fix, go to the Messages tab in your Settings app and press on the "Send & Receive" line. Just make sure the "you can be reached by iMessage" information is not the same on the iPad as on the phone.

For example, if I wanted to keep them separate, I would make sure my phone number is not on the iPad and that any e-mail address on the iPad is not on the phone.

If you set them up this way, they will stay separate.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
Frank77

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The odds are pretty good that you've duplicated the ways you can be contacted via iMessage on both the iPad and the iPhone. To fix, go to the Messages tab in your Settings app and press on the "Send & Receive" line. Just make sure the "you can be reached by iMessage" information is not the same on the iPad as on the phone. For example, if I wanted to keep them separate, I would make sure my phone number is not on the iPad and that any e-mail address on the iPad is not on the phone. If you set them up this way, they will stay separate. Hope this helps. Marilyn

It worked....thank you so much!!

Most reactions

Latest posts