What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Memory Maint.???

rafman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my iPad hooked up to the iTunes program and was trying to switch my photos files from my computer to iPhoto. Well it wasn't gonna happen today! every time I tried to do this it would not work. It would tell me that I don't have any more space! So now Im thinking I need to clear the photos from the iPad to make room for the new files in iPhoto. How can I do this? I always relied on iTunes to do this but it isn't working now and when I try to switch to iPhoto files it just ain't working. Im getting ready to through this iPad in the garbage!!! Help!

Planet iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would tell me that I don't have any more space! So now Im thinking I need to clear the photos from the iPad to make room for the new files in iPhoto. How can I do this? I always relied on iTunes to do this but it isn't working now and when I try to switch to iPhoto files it just ain't working. Im getting ready to through this iPad in the garbage!!! Help!
From the iOS home screen tap on “Settings”, then tap “General” followed by “Usage”, this shows you how much space is available and what’s eating it all up.

When you find an app that you don't use often and it is large, tap on it and then tap the big red “Delete App” button, then confirm the deletion at the alert dialog

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It may be necessary to turn off Photo Syncing in iTunes, sync the iPad, then sync your albums again. If you have a lot of albums and/or photos, I recommend turning them on, one at a time, instead of trying to sync everything at once.

The smaller bites will be more likely to complete, and you'll also find out which album is causing the problem; if the problem is related to a specific iPhoto album.

After you check to see how much space you have available, as Planet iPad recommended.

Most reactions

Latest posts