What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mail

tecwritr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having problems with mail. I've set my accounts (my wife and myself) on my new ipad2 the same way they are set up on my iPad 1. I'm on cox cable. Mail still works perfect on the iPad 1 but when I try to send mail on the ipad2 in tells me that cox does not recognize our email. I can receive email on my iPad 2 I just can't send it.

John

Bakerman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in the exact same boat, but with Comcast. Interestingly I can send mail on it through my mobile me account but not my comcast accounts.

If we both have the issue it must be more widespread.

OP
T

tecwritr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bakerman said:
I am in the exact same boat, but with Comcast. Interestingly I can send mail on it through my mobile me account but not my comcast accounts.

If we both have the issue it must be more widespread.

I believe that Cox is a part of Comcast.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe that to be a general problem

as my iPad2 works just as well, via mail, with Yahoo and Comcast as does my ipad.

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you compared the two to see if all the paramitors are the same on both of them.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check the section for incoming mail, it may be looking for the password. I had the same issue with my comcast acct. I had to add the password. Hope that helps.

ilbbrief

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad email Issue with Comcast Internet Service

I have a similar problem. Until several weeks ago, I used the ipad mail app to fetch email accounts with gmail and aol. For some reason now, and only when I am connected to the internet via Comcast, the fetch no longer works. The little wheel simple keeps spinning and spinning. With the ipad mail app I can fetch my gmail and aol mail if I am connected to the internet via my verizon mobile hot spot or via my qwest ISP (which I have at work). It only does not fetch when I am connected to the internet via Comcast service (my home service). Spent hours with Comcast and they are clueless, finally telling me to get a new modem, which I did, but which did not fix the problem. If I use the browser, go to google.com, I can sign in and get my email, but it was so much easier when I simply had to execute the mail app and find all of my email accounts in one place. I use to be able to read and respond to email right from within that one app on my ipad from my living room. I can still access and respond to all my email accounts from that one app, but I have to be at my office, at a public wifi hotspot, or use my mobile hot spot. I think Comcast has "issues" but they aren't willing to look for them.

Most reactions

Latest posts