What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Mail stuck?

KellyinHolland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I hope someone can help me? My standard Mail app seems to be stuck. When I open the App I get the list of possible email providers to choose from, but when I touch one of them it doesn't do anything? I want to add my hotmail acct so trying to touch the 'other' option but nothing happens? Also tried to add my outlook acct but it seems the Mail app just sticks.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this much appreciated!

Thanks

Kelly

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hold the power/sleep button till you see sleep to power off and then turn it on after a few second and try again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From your description I can't decide whether you are trying to do something in Mail, or add a new account in Settings. iFrog has addressed the first, so I'll address the second possibility.

If you can not add a new Mail account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account, then you should check whether you have disallowed changes under Settings > General > Restrictions > Accounts.

OP
K

KellyinHolland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys, the restart worked fine. It's a bit of a shame that the sync does not work that great with hotmail, if I delete an email on my ipad hotmail, then log in to hotmail via the web, the email is still there.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Kelly - and welcome to the forum - :)

This works for me in my Yahoo account setup on the iPad2 - go into settings and select your Hotmail account, then pick 'Advanced' at the bottom of the page.

Next select 'Deleted Mailbox' - there will be 2 choices, i.e. 'On My iPad' & 'On the Server' - in the latter, if 'Inbox' is checked, then check 'Trash' - for me in Yahoo, when I delete a message on the iPad it is also sent to 'Trash' on the Yahoo server - give it a try and check your Hotmail 'Trash' to see if indeed that happened - good luck & post back if you're still having an issue!

Most reactions

Latest posts