1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad mail needs help

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Nevering, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Nevering

Nevering iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I do IMap, have a desktop, laptop, and Ipad. Mail on Desktop and laptop all do nice things with junk mail... like get rid of them. The IPad does nothing that I can find so far.

I would suggest making Ipad Mail more like Mac Mail in terms of Junk. I get tons of mail on different accounts, but I generally have to wait to see them on the desktop or laptop. Yet they are still there because of IMap. I want the good ones to be there I just need my Mail filtering capabilty on the Ipad2
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Yes - several Members have been disappointed at the lack of mail filtering on the iPad. At present, the only way to do this is on the email server which, for the situation you envisage, doesn't really help. Because of the way mail works on the iPad, it's not so easy for a third-party app to offer much in the way of this either, but we can always hope that the developers will listen to our request.

Tim
  3. Nevering

Nevering iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have my own email server that does a wonderful job. But I still get thru a bunch. I"m looking at the server, postfix and dovecot with spamass and amavid

I'm trying to tweak it.