1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad mail keeps mail server open

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by di p, Feb 13, 2011.

1. di p

di p iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi , I have several email addresses from two of our own websites. I am having a problem with mail on my Ipad in that when it logs on to the server it keeps the mail server open. In the morning I usually turn on the Ipad and browse the mail whilst I eat breakfast.

When I arrive at my office my Imacs and Windows machine are unable to login in to collect mail and they keep asking for the passwords. As soon as I turn off my Ipad the mail works on the computers. After talking to my mail administrator he can see that the ipad keeps the mail server open and locked whilst it is on.

Any suggestions? PS my check mail on the ipad has been set to manual or 30 mins