What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mail ap

Jmariew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my Ipad for Christmas and have lots of questions. I have my hotmail account set up in my IPad Mail AP. From reading several posts here, it sounds like that is not a good idea. I also have a gmail account. Can I just delete my hotmail account from the IPad mail AP?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure you can.
As I recall on my first days playing with the iPAD I created and deleted Gmail and another local providers mail, and recreated them many times over.

slim gravy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can just "turn it off" too... So it's there, stored, if you want to turn it back on to view so you don't have to re enter all the info.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad leaves all mail on the server unless you specifically tell it to delete that email. You can remove and re-add the account on the iPad as often as you like without any problems. I do this all the time when I am experimenting with various calendar and contact syncing issues.

If you Hotmail account is working properly on the iPad, there is no reason why you would need to remove it, unless you have another method of getting the mail that you prefer.

And you can have both your GMail and Hotmail go to the iPad at the same time. It will work just fine. Just add the other account. When they are both on the iPad you can view all you mail in the Universal Inbox, or view just the account you want by choosing it's mailbox. Just tap the MailBox button at the top of the list view to go back and see what mailboxes or accounts are available for viewing.

The only catch is switching between the mail address/server you want your sent mail to be from. It will automatically send from what ever account your are viewing, unless you are looking at the Universal Inbox (called All Inboxes on the iPad). In that case it will send form the account you have set up as default in Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

Most reactions