What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Loop/Frozen at start

Sekuiya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recieved an iPad this Christmas and had it tethered jailbroken on 4.2.1 using resn0w. There was an app on Cydia that looked interesting and that seemed to put the iPhone apps cleaner called RetinaPad. I installed it but after Cydia asked me to reboot the iPad is stuck on the start screen, just showing black with the Apple in the center. If I force restart (top button and home button) it simply turns off for a moment and goes back to the same. Connecting to the computer doesn't do anything. Anyone have any idea how to solve this? It would be much apreciated!

OP
S

Sekuiya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay found the way to fix it. Here's how I did it. Prepare in your computer the way to make the tethered jailbreak, meaning check the option you would to reboot the device. Hold down power and home button till the screen gets black. When the screen gets black start doing the process to enter DFU mode like showed on screen by the redsn0w application. Enjoy your iPad getting rebooted and fully operational again.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay found the way to fix it. Here's how I did it. Prepare in your computer the way to make the tethered jailbreak, meaning check the option you would to reboot the device. Hold down power and home button till the screen gets black. When the screen gets black start doing the process to enter DFU mode like showed on screen by the redsn0w application. Enjoy your iPad getting rebooted and fully operational again.

Yup, that's what TETHERED means! Every time you reboot your iPad you MUST use redsn0w and select the "just boot tethered for now" option.

When an untethered jailbreak is released, you won't have to do this any more.

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
download redsn0w
download your firmware
load up redsn0w+firmware, click just boot tethered
follow steps
ta-daaa

Most reactions

Latest posts