What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad locking up

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problems here, I watch iTunes content, AirVideo, content I manually loaded, converted videos, YouTube, etc, etc. Not a single lockup.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Watched my first Netflix stream last night, on a 3G connection. Frequently the stream just stopped. I could resume it by tapping pause, then play but the feed would stop again in minutes. I was down to 20% battery power...not sure if that would make a difference. I will try again today with unit fully charged, but if I have the same results as last night I'll dump Netflix.

No other problems found so far, except that the ABC app, which I can't use on 3G anyway, won't rotate into landscape mode.

Susan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually guy i have idea it cause your i pad mobile will be unlocking then after you can see movie at any time

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Might have a bad unit...I have never had it lock up and I am what would be considered a heavy user.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Watched my first Netflix stream last night, on a 3G connection. Frequently the stream just stopped. I could resume it by tapping pause, then play but the feed would stop again in minutes. I was down to 20% battery power...not sure if that would make a difference. I will try again today with unit fully charged, but if I have the same results as last night I'll dump Netflix.

No other problems found so far, except that the ABC app, which I can't use on 3G anyway, won't rotate into landscape mode.

Update your abc app. There's a new version out that streams on 3G and plays in landscape. The only lock up I've had so far was working with forwarding an email from the full hotmail site. Safari kept freezing and I had to hit home and go back in. Tried it with the hotmail mobile version and had no issues though.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Revision: The ABC update fixed both issues.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That is due to slow internet connection. I can play netflix while tethered to my droid pretty well..but it occasionally freezes.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That is due to slow internet connection. I can play netflix while tethered to my droid pretty well..but it occasionally freezes.

That's sorta what I thought. But I was on late last night, when usage is lower...The ABC stream worked pretty well, though. WiFi isn't practical for me, so Ill live without Netflix if this persists during the trial period.

Most reactions

Latest posts