What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad locked

rubyvette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After returning from a 1 week vacation my iPad has a message box on the screen. iCoud Backup This iPad hasn't been backed up in two weeks. Backups happen when this iPad is plugged in, locked, and connected to Wi-Fi. OK

Nothing happens when I click the "OK" button. The slide to unlock button won't work. If I try to power the iPad off the backup message stays on the screen and the slide to power off won't work.

What do I do???

Thanks,
Mark

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi--

Have you tried to do a reset on your iPad?

To do a reset hold the sleep/on-off switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

OP
R

rubyvette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That worked, thanks. Can I force it to do an iCloud bakup so I don't get that message again?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That worked, thanks. Can I force it to do an iCloud bakup so I don't get that message again?

You'll need to go to your settings and turn on iCloud to do your back up the next time you plug in your iPad.

Settings/iCloud/storage and backup.

Most reactions

Latest posts