What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad locked up

mkchill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw that there is an update for the Ipad operating system, so I clicked update and for the past four hours my PC screen shows "waiting for Ipad" and my Ipad shows a white USB cable pointing up to an Itunes symbol.
I have 4.3.1 currently.
When I try to shut off the PC, it says I will have to force the shut down since Itunes is running.
Any Ideas how long this should take or what I might try?

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try closing iTunes first. If the graphic on your iPad disappears, then unplug the device from the USB port, reboot your PC start iTunes and try again. There is a big update to iTunes and safari today, so make sure you have that installed before updating your iPad!

Hope this helps

Jeff

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Force the shut down. Disconnect the ipad. Re-boot PC and open Itunes. Check that the new updates have been installed (released yesterday.

Try the ipad again. If this still fails you may be looking at a clean start of the ipad. Before even considering this use Itunes to make a media (DVD) backup of all your apps and music. Then if needed, Itunes can be uninstalled, then reinstalled and your apps and info will be automatically restored....Just insert the media in your DVD drive.

Hope this works.

Jeff

OP
M

mkchill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I did what you suggested and Have everything back in order. Appreciate the help.

Most reactions

Latest posts