What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad locked up in ibooks app

jankitt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to the ibooks app for the first time and it locked up at the sync question - I have turned it off and on - any advice?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to the ibooks app for the first time and it locked up at the sync question - I have turned it off and on - any advice?

If you have iOS 4.2 you can force the app to quit. Double-click the 'Home' button to open up the multi-task bar at the bottom of the screen. This shows the apps that are currently running. Press *and hold* any app icon until they all start to 'jiggle'. The jiggling app icons will all have a 'cross' in their upper left hand side. Press briefly the iBooks app icon on the cross and this will force it to quit. (Note this does not delete the app, but just forces it to quit). To quit the multi-task bar hit the Home button once. Now open up iBooks again and see if you experience the same problem.

If that doesn't work have you tried 'restarting' the iPad? Holding down the 'power/sleep' button for about 3 seconds will power the iPad down completely. You'll see an icon of a rotating 'bezel' appear in the middle of the blank iPad screen once the power-down starts. When that bezel disappears, power the iPad on again. This time the Apple logo will appear in the middle of the screen for several seconds as the iPad powers up.

Good Luck.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts