What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad left on

dmoran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I turned the Auto Lock on my iPad off the other day because I was streaming a video on the internet from my iPad to Apple TV and it kept auto locking. I used my iPad last night before bed and forgot to turn it off so it was on all night. What are the chances I did harm to my iPad?

Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I turned the Auto Lock on my iPad off the other day because I was streaming a video on the internet from my iPad to Apple TV and it kept auto locking. I used my iPad last night before bed and forgot to turn it off so it was on all night. What are the chances I did harm to my iPad?

Welcome to the forum! : Which iPad do you own, what iOS is installed, what app was on when you went to bed, what was the battery status in the morning, and did the iPad still work as expected? Answers to these questions might help us be more specific.

I virtually never 'turn off' my iPad but allow the device to simply sleep by using the smart cover, so do you turn off your iPad w/ the ON-OFF button each night or do you put it to sleep? Dave :)

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From what I read yesterday, while researching the differences between IPS LCD and AMOLED displays, iOS devices don't suffer from screen "burn in". As far as I know, the only thing that could happen is that your battery died and needs a recharge. I don't think there is anything to worry about.

OP
D

dmoran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's an iPad 2. I have iOS 9.1 and there wasn't any apps open. I had the charger plugged in overnight so the battery was 100% when I got up. It still worked as expected when I got up.

I am a meteorologist so I use my iPad to stream video from out of market television stations during severe weather events and my iPad was autolocking when I was streaming so I turned it off and forgot to turn it back on.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as you charge the battery as soon as you notice it's completely drained and don't let the battery remain in a discharged state for an extended period of time, there should be no harm done.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think it's an iPad 2. I have iOS 9.1 and there wasn't any apps open. I had the charger plugged in overnight so the battery was 100% when I got up. It still worked as expected when I got up.

Well, as already stated in the previous posts, you really should not have any problems - your battery was properly charged and the device is working fine - I often am charging my battery (either via the AC cable or a battery pack) while using the device. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts