What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad landscape mode is misbehaving!?

Ladyhighlander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! Luv my iPad! Simply the best for googling info/emails/games/books and Ebaying!
However.......may I ask if anyone might shed any light on why my iPad no longer shifts to landscape mode!?
I've been googling and haven't run across a similar quirk!?
I keep thinking I'm missing where u can change or lock it?!

But looked thru what I can on my iPad and no can find that "spot"!?
Any assistance would be the best!

THANK YOU~
Ladyhighlander

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum!

Second of all, what you are looking for is right here --

ipad.jpg

But don't get too used to it being there. Once the new iOS 4.2 software comes out in a couple of weeks, that will become a mute button!

OP
L

Ladyhighlander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad landscape mode!

Thank you for the review!
So helpful!
And thanx 4 update on future iPad changes! ;)

CHT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha, the same thing happened to me when I first got my iPad. I accidentally hit that lock button (with out knowing it was even there) and thought "crap" it's busted already! Then I learned about the button..... :D

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, hope to see you around. Any question fell free to ask.:)

BRISINGR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Landscape

The button you showed in that Diagram is the mute/silent so that didn't change anything. Could you please help me mine (IPad 2) is still not going landscape.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BRISINGR said:
The button you showed in that Diagram is the mute/silent so that didn't change anything. Could you please help me mine (IPad 2) is still not going landscape.

The thread you found was before the newer system - 4.3. Now you have a choice of 2 options for that button. In settings you can set it to mute or to lock orientation. To access to other option, double click the home button and swipe the lower screen to the right. There you will see the other setting that you can change.

Most reactions

Latest posts