What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad lacks even basic web browsing

OP
W

wallyflint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Surfinette said:
@wallyflint
Hâve you checked Atomic browser? When increasing font, it will do pretty much what you want, ie text reflow... Also, Atomic browser can save pages for offline reading...

Yes... Thanks for the tip. The problem with atomic is it increases size of the "regular" font, but does not increase the size of the font used for the java code examples (see following page):

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/data/strings.html

OP
W

wallyflint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well... I think I might have solved this problem. Sent some feedback to the developer of the atomic browser, and he gave me a very nice reply and said he was going to look at the problem of the browser not resizing the font for the java code examples. If he gets this problem fixed then I think atomic will offer all of the features that I said I was looking for. Thanks to all for your helpful feedback!

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love my iPad and don't get the criticism. I know what it is and isn't and what it's supposed to do it does well. If you want more capabilities, get a laptop computer. I love that it handles my remote computing needs, it's size as I travel with it, that it gives me remote email access and the convenience.

OP
W

wallyflint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad and don't get the criticism. I know what it is and isn't and what it's supposed to do it does well. If you want more capabilities, get a laptop computer. I love that it handles my remote computing needs, it's size as I travel with it, that it gives me remote email access and the convenience.

One of the absolute worst mistakes that can be made on any hardware or software web surfing platform is to force your customer to have to scroll horizontally with every single solitary sentence on the web page. There is simply no excuse for it, and it's worth noting that Android doesn't do that. Also, there is no stone tablet anywhere upon which is written a list of all the things the iPad is "supposed" to do. What it is supposed to do is meet the needs of its users, and in its current form it is not doing that.

:)

(By the way... I used to live in Chipman... not far from Lamont... know where that is?)

Surfinette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the absolute worst mistakes that can be made on any hardware or software web surfing platform is to force your customer to have to scroll horizontally with every single solitary sentence on the web page. There is simply no excuse for it, and it's worth noting that Android doesn't do that. Also, there is no stone tablet anywhere upon which is written a list of all the things the iPad is "supposed" to do. What it is supposed to do is meet the needs of its users, and in its current form it is not doing that.

:)

I'm 100% with Wallyflint, all the more so that I'm a happy owner of both an iPad 2 and an Android phone (yes yes :eek:), so I know what could be improved in each "world"

Most reactions

Latest posts