What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Keytone

phunklord69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,
Just got an iPad2. The click sound it makes when you're typing is driving me crazy. How can i stop it?

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's in the settings app. Under general, then sounds and switch the 'keyboard clicks' to off :)

Attachments

• image-1679071660.png
    image-1679071660.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 222

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to have different sounds instead of the regular one ? What I most miss from Android is the fact that the space key made a different sound than the other keys. Then I also had a audio confirmation that i actually hit it. On my iPad2 now so often I press the keys above the space and since the sound is the same, i never hear it until its too late and have to correct all manually again.

So if there is any way to change the keyboard sounds to anything else, please let me know.
Thank you.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to have different sounds instead of the regular one ? What I most miss from Android is the fact that the space key made a different sound than the other keys. Then I also had a audio confirmation that i actually hit it. On my iPad2 now so often I press the keys above the space and since the sound is the same, i never hear it until its too late and have to correct all manually again.

So if there is any way to change the keyboard sounds to anything else, please let me know.
Thank you.

Not on a stock iPad. Maybe jail breakers will know of a way if you JB.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey,
Just got an iPad2. The click sound it makes when you're typing is driving me crazy. How can i stop it?

If you mean "make it so it doesn't make the sound when I press the keys," then go to your Settings app > Sounds and turn OFF Keyboard Clicks.

If you mean "I want the iPad to have a different clicking sound when I type," then I'm afraid you'll have to jail break it in order to modify the sound file. for instance, I've modded mine to sound like an old-fashioned typewriter. Mainly because I could! :D

Oh, and it's an all or nothing thing, you can't make different keys have different sounds. At least, not that I've been able to see/find...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts