1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad Keytone

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by phunklord69, Jan 19, 2012.

1. phunklord69

phunklord69 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey,
    Just got an iPad2. The click sound it makes when you're typing is driving me crazy. How can i stop it?
  2. beavery

beavery iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    It's in the settings app. Under general, then sounds and switch the 'keyboard clicks' to off :)

Attached Files:

3. Wolfseye

Wolfseye iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there a way to have different sounds instead of the regular one ? What I most miss from Android is the fact that the space key made a different sound than the other keys. Then I also had a audio confirmation that i actually hit it. On my iPad2 now so often I press the keys above the space and since the sound is the same, i never hear it until its too late and have to correct all manually again.

So if there is any way to change the keyboard sounds to anything else, please let me know.
    Thank you.
  4. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Not on a stock iPad. Maybe jail breakers will know of a way if you JB.
  5. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,743 / 0
    If you mean "make it so it doesn't make the sound when I press the keys," then go to your Settings app > Sounds and turn OFF Keyboard Clicks.

If you mean "I want the iPad to have a different clicking sound when I type," then I'm afraid you'll have to jail break it in order to modify the sound file. for instance, I've modded mine to sound like an old-fashioned typewriter. Mainly because I could! :D

Oh, and it's an all or nothing thing, you can't make different keys have different sounds. At least, not that I've been able to see/find...

Marilyn