What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Keyboard Secrets

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of this info is available in various places and guides, but here's a nice little video about the full capabilities of the iPad's keyboard...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kWBhDA3nbU[/ame]

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very nice little video, I will be using the flicks on the quotation marks quite often from now on I believe. Thanks for posting. :)

Last edited:

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some of these I really cool ! I've been trying to use them for a long time and only figured out now the reason why I couldn't use some of the shortcuts .... It's because I use a French keyboard :eek: The shortcuts are not the same !!!!

blheureux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent video - full of very helpful insights and tips — thanks!

Does anyone also know if there's any way to creat user-defined keyboard shortcuts? I write in the IT field and that could save me a lot of time

- bjl

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going to say that one more viewer thinks this is an awesome video, but I can't. I sent the link to my wife, and she thought it was awesome too, so I'll have to say that TWO iPad2 users thought this was awesome. Thank you! :D

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow thank you for posting that! Dint know some of those things!

Sent from my iPad to here!

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have a .com button on my keyboard is that only on iPad 2?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Loraco said:
I don't have a .com button on my keyboard is that only on iPad 2?

It only appears when your likely to need it, ie when entering a web address in safari. Try it now if you want.

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
It only appears when your likely to need it, ie when entering a web address in safari. Try it now if you want.

I think I will I need to surf any way!

JWKessler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This answered several questions I've had, but there are still a few things I can't seem to figure out. One is the back delete feature. How do you delete a character to the right of the cursor? Another is a lack of cursor movement keys. There have been cases where I simply couldn't figure out how to get the cursor to a spot I needed it to get to and where a simple set of arrows would have been very handy. Perhaps the only way to do this is to connect to a hardware keyboard.

Most reactions

Latest posts