What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD Keyboard problems

ditchdoc666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anybody else had a problem with there scroll arrows not working on bluetooth keyboards? have tried two belkin and one logitech ones and up,down ,left,right wont work, all other keys seem fine but all the tech people at best buy are at a loss,any help will be appreciated

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Has anybody else had a problem with there scroll arrows not working on bluetooth (BT) keyboards (KB)? have tried two belkin and one logitech ones and up,down ,left,right wont work, all other keys seem fine but all the tech people at best buy are at a loss,any help will be appreciated

Hello - I also own the Apple BT KB and have had no problems w/ the directional keys; did the Best Buy folks have an Apple KB to try on your iPad? Also, did you or them 'Reset' the iDevice? You could also go into the BT settings and 'Forget the device' and re-discover/pair? Just a few things I would have tried if employed @ the big box store - good luck and let us know if this helps? Dave :)

OP
D

ditchdoc666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes we tried three diff keyboards and forgot them and repaired them,my ipad air is one week old and the only keys that won't work on Bluetooth keyboard is the directional ones,

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What are you trying to use the directional keys for? They should only work in a text box situation navigating text in say a word processing app. They will not move around a pointer or around the home screen.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes we tried three diff keyboards and forgot them and repaired them,my ipad air is one week old and the only keys that won't work on Bluetooth keyboard is the directional ones,

What are you trying to use the directional keys for? They should only work in a text box situation navigating text in say a word processing app. They will not move around a pointer or around the home screen.

Yes, excellent point to the OP, i.e. how are you wanting these directional keys to work? They are fine w/ my BT KB in email & other document type apps, but if you are expecting to migrate on the home screens, etc., then not an option - so, please provide some more information as to what purpose you want these keys to function? Dave :)

Zugzwang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
A scroll key would be awesome. Guess I need the wireless mouse pad thing too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
D

ditchdoc666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya,ll have answered my question,was wanting to scroll on apps and screen but not a option at this time,thanks for all your help

Most reactions

Latest posts