1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad keyboard problem

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Lenticchio, May 14, 2012.

1. Lenticchio

Lenticchio iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I recently bought an external keyboard for the iPad, this used to work perfectly fine. I haven't used it in a while so I wanted to try it again for writing an e-mail. Now the keyboard is always qwerty instead of azerty. The settings are set to azerty but the keyboard won't follow unfortunately.. It worked perfectly fine in the beginning but now obviously it doesn't anymore... Please help me..
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Hi Lenticchio - welcome to the forum! :)

Not sure that I can help but I do have an Apple keyboard and use the regualr qwerty setup; my suggestion would be to go into Settings -> General and then select 'Keyboard' - look under 'International Keyboards' and determine if you can then add the one desired - good luck and let us know if this helps.
  3. Fedricwalls

Fedricwalls iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have not perfectly solution for you. If you want to buy a new keyboard then you can buy it from Apple's official website, and in future if you facing this kind of problem with your keyboard then they will definitely provide you perfect solution. As per your present issue, verify your keyboard to your provider, may this will helpful to deal with it.
  4. Lenticchio

Lenticchio iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's why I don't get it, they're are only 2 keyboards, both AZERTY but when I connect the iPad to the keyboard it automatically changes into QWERTY, and if I slide the keyboard open on the iPad it's AZERTY again. Another thing to know is that if I connect my iPhone to the keyboard, there isn't any problem and it stays AZERTY... Another reason why it's all weird and stuff..