What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Keyboard Dock

batchelor22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can the original keyboard dock be used with the iPad 2? Descriptions say it is for original iPad only but can not be sure why. Thanks for any insights.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works fine - but, since the iPad2 is thinner, it doesn't support it as well. So you might need to be careful and, perhaps, 'pad' the iPad out a bit!!

Tim

OP
B

batchelor22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I though there must have been some reason. Is anyone using these two together? Should I just go with the newer Bluetooth version?

LawPad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd go with something other than the apple dock, which I have. In fact, I started with the keyboard and dock combo, but returned it because it was too bulky. The dock is, in my opinion, best for charging, etc.. The single angle is too limited, at least for me. Belkin makes a nice holder with no limitations on angles.

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
batchelor22 said:
Can the original keyboard dock be used with the iPad 2? Descriptions say it is for original iPad only but can not be sure why. Thanks for any insights.

For a wonderful and inexpensive device that will serve as a charging stand check out a http://www.bweasel.comBweasel iPad stand. Lightweight, small footprint, low cost, and many more functions. No complaints from any users.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the original dock with the iPad 2 every day - for hours... It works great.

I prefer to type in portrait mode and to charge my iPad while working, so it's a perfect combination for me.

I also listen to music with either an external speaker or headphones depending on where I am, so having that port on the dock is very nice as well. The speaker is permanently attached - I never use it anywhere else - and I use bluetooth headphones when I don't use the speaker.

I am a big fan of the keyboard dock...

-t

andylau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually there are many brands of Bluetooth keyboard. So why do you still like keyboard dock?

Most reactions

Latest posts