.iPad keeps turning offf

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by clw1964, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Dakotapix

Dakotapix
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the tips. I did neither of those things in Safari preferences. However, seems to me I did clear the cookies once before and lost all my automatic logon stuff for the various forums I read. Not real handy.

Good tip on waiting for a possible iPad 5 though. Right now this iPad seems rejuvenated, almost like reinstalling system software on the old Macs I used to use. I'll probably wait a bit to seem what hints Apple throws out this summer.

2. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, it will delete your saved logins also. I know from experience this is a pain.

Doing that reset would have closed all your apps completely and this probably accounts for the feeling of rejuvenation. ;)

Lets hope that iPad 5 does get released then! ;)

3. Dakotapix

Dakotapix
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    In the process of doing the full restore I also realized I'd been in error regarding the loading of Apps. When I did a double click with the Home button to show which Apps had loaded, I was overwhelmed by the sheer job it would be to unload them, not realizing that they were loading because I had at one time launched them to see what they were. After the Restore only a few came up and I saw how easy it was to control these memory hogs by deactivating them. thanks for those tips.

I also deleted a few Apps I never use although I suppose iTunes will tell me I own them forever. Right now my old iPad 1 is looking good.

4. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't take that much time to close those apps completely, I'm always surprised how many I can open in a day! They are not actually running but do use some ram just by being there.

Yes any deleted apps will show up under the Purchased tab in the App Store and can be downloaded again at any time for free. I do this myself just to free up more space.