What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad keeps crashing

l18wts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I there,

My iPad keeps dropping out of applications and more annoyingly when I have Safari open and various tabs it crashes and closes them all.

Is there a quick fix or do i need to go to the store?

Thanks,

Lewis

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First things first, have you tried closing all the apps? To do this double tap the home button then hold you're finger on an app and a red minus will appear. Now tap it on all your open apps. If this doesn't fix your problem you should try turning it off. Do this by holding the power key until the shut down option appears. Slide to turn your iPad off. Now turn it back on and see whether this has resolved your problem. If not then you need to do a reset. To do this hold both the power key and home button until the screen turns off. Now turn your iPad back on. This normally resolves problems wi the iPad and the above should always be done whenever you experience a problem. If none of this works come back on and let me know and I'll tell you what to do next. Good luck,

Sent via iPF from my iPad.

OP
L

l18wts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers guys, I had about 20 apps running so closed them! Shall see how I get on.

Lewis

CupcakeKiller702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well.... I have the same problem. My iPad keeps crashing. I have NO apps running in the background, everything is closed. I tethered to iTunes and did a restore as if the iPad was brand new. It gave me back my bare basics, and I started over fresh. Then, I went into the app store, and reloaded all the apps one by one, instead of reloading the saved restore. I thought this would remedy the problem, but it has not. It's mostly when I am using Safari, Facebook, or iTunes when the crash occurs. This all seemed to have started after the very last update from iTunes running iOS 5.1.1. This is on a 1st gen iPad. Any other sage suggestions as to what to do next? It's making me crazy!

Floridians

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Mr Luke. I had closed four open apps and my 'Night Sky' worked fine.
Floridians

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well.... I have the same problem. My iPad keeps crashing. I have NO apps running in the background, everything is closed. I tethered to iTunes and did a restore as if the iPad was brand new. It gave me back my bare basics, and I started over fresh. Then, I went into the app store, and reloaded all the apps one by one, instead of reloading the saved restore. I thought this would remedy the problem, but it has not. It's mostly when I am using Safari, Facebook, or iTunes when the crash occurs. This all seemed to have started after the very last update from iTunes running iOS 5.1.1. This is on a 1st gen iPad. Any other sage suggestions as to what to do next? It's making me crazy!

iPad 1 has 256 MB of RAM. iPad 2 has double that. And iPad 3 and 4 have double that of iPad 2. Later OSs, and the apps that take advantage of later OSs and newer hardware (in newer iPads), will increasingly tax older iPads. That's inevitable with tech. So you can put up with crashes or buy newer hardware.

When iOS 5 came out, I immediately saw the diffs between my iPad 1 and 2 in RAM crashes. Even my iPad 2 crashes more frequently since iOS 5. That's why I got an iPad 4. I now use my iPad 1 for movies only, and expect my iPad 2 will increasingly show its age as well. It's the way of tech.

Most reactions

Latest posts