What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad keep downloading unknown stuff

lil.devel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I noticed my ipad is continuously downloading unknown stuff when I check traffic statistics in my router's main webpage, although that the ipad is completely idle when this happens and all automatic downloads in iTunes & app store in settings are turned off..

Is there a fix to stop the ipad doing these downloads? or at least know what is being downloaded?

Jiggo0109

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I noticed my ipad is continuously downloading unknown stuff when I check traffic statistics in my router's main webpage, although that the ipad is completely idle when this happens and all automatic downloads in iTunes & app store in settings are turned off..

Is there a fix to stop the ipad doing these downloads? or at least know what is being downloaded?

Hi... off topic... Im new to this forum, How can I start a new thread? thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
An iCloud backup doesn't always start at the same time. It happens once a day, but only when the iPad is connected to Wi-Fi, locked and charging.
Take a look at your settings. In iCloud - Backup, you can see when the last backup was performed, if it's enabled (On).

There's something else that could use your connection:
Settings - General - Background App Refresh will show all the apps that can access to the internet, if this feature enabled.

OP
L

lil.devel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An iCloud backup doesn't always start at the same time. It happens once a day, but only when the iPad is connected to Wi-Fi, locked and charging.
Take a look at your settings. In iCloud - Backup, you can see when the last backup was performed, if it's enabled (On).

There's something else that could use your connection:
Settings - General - Background App Refresh will show all the apps that can access to the internet, if this feature enabled.

You are right, the backup was enabled and last backup was two days ago.. I stopped it now and waiting for results :)

OP
L

lil.devel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But I have a question regarding Background App Refresh, will this affect notifications such as twitter's notifications or apps updates when they're available if I disabled it?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. I have Background App Refresh disabled, but still get notifications for all the apps that are set up to give notifications.

Most reactions