iPAD JAILBROKEN!

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by digitalgangster, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Oddphone

Oddphone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Most of my post was directed toward one person. My opinion about apple products is exactly that, an opinion. I don't mean to disrespect anyone, just set things straight. Apple cripples there products and this is widely known....it's a fact. if you were offended I am sorry and apologize.

2. kheldour

kheldour
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Limera1n for OS4.0

Geohot - the famous iPhone hacker, who developed Blackra1n for the iPhone is obviously working on the 4.0 version. Just one day, after he hacked the first beta 4.0, he reserved the domain "Limera1n.com"

Things are on the move again.....

[​IMG]

3. lennywc

lennywc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Jailbreaking for tether

Yeah I support the jail breakers because, I have a droid and an iPad 32gb wifi model and I wanted to be able to tether it to my droids 3G service , well I rooted/jail broke my droid and am now able to run an app on my droid that turns my droid into a wifi hotspot. I am now happily typing this while riding on the city bus! So there you go a jail breaking story with a happy ending.

Lennywc typed on my tethered 32gb ipad

4. Jimbobboy

Jimbobboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I agree, just want my Ipad to work correctly.

5. mac

mac
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    No he isn't, and no it doesn't. It's a great post. It's informative and, quite frankly, a breath of fresh air. He hits several nails squarely on the head.

You, Kheldour, are the one insulting and disrespecting a lot of people here by imposing your thin skin on the rest of us.

Oddphone is exactly the kind of person that should be on a forum like this. He should be encouraged. You can learn a lot from him about how to get the best out of your hardware. This is valuable stuff. A lot more interesting than someone whining about how far the postman has made it from China with his iPad.

And back to the point about jailbreaking an iPad. A Porsche comes out of the factory set up for the average driver, but if you know what you're doing (or if you know someone who knows what they're doing) you can turn it into a truly awesome machine. Probably a better analogy for the iPad would be a Fiat 500. You can't do a lot with a 500cc engine, but I suppose you could get it to do more than the standard factory model.