What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPAD JAILBROKEN!

digitalgangster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G1kvUKYSo0]YouTube - iPad JailBreak | Ryan Rohypnol[/ame]

watch vid!

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Once people have a bit more time we'll be able to run "non Apple" approved apps. The sad fact is Apple has been getting worse as far as more and more controlling and keeping you from running the apps you want.

Cnega

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would just like to play pandora while using safari. I shouldnt have to wait until the fall to do something that simple! Even my droid can do that.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah,yeah,yeah. Im actually surprised it didn't happen earlier.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i guess i'm just not that cool, i have no interest in jailbreaking my IPad. I paid 700.00+ friggin dollars for it, and like to use it as it was designed.

I have a friend that bought a perfectly nice car, then in the first month did all this crazy sh*t to it, and now he is constantly having stuff go wrong with it, and don't tell me he did it wrong, he did it right, but I defy anyone out there to tell me they know more in engineering terms than the collective knowledge of Volkswagen, or Apple for that matter.

if that makes me a sheep, then...... baaahh

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i guess i'm just not that cool, i have no interest in jailbreaking my IPad. I paid 700.00+ friggin dollars for it, and like to use it as it was designed.

I have a friend that bought a perfectly nice car, then in the first month did all this crazy sh*t to it, and now he is constantly having stuff go wrong with it, and don't tell me he did it wrong, he did it right, but I defy anyone out there to tell me they know more in engineering terms than the collective knowledge of Volkswagen, or Apple for that matter.

Na, your not a sheep. I like the way you think, jail breaking is basically like hacking on a gaming system. The system bricks, yes bricks and you can't fix that.( i know because a lot of people had this happen to them)

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i also just think its a little funny for someone to say "i cracked this egg" when the real miracle was the tens of thousands of man hours, research and money that went into the development of the IPad.

Little people standing on the shoulders of giants.........

Kudos to the people that developed the thing we are all so excited to talk about.

I honestly don't want to offend anyone, I will get off my soapbox now and go sit down in the corner

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com

Totally agree with you...it's like buying a Porsche and installing after market rims, an after market exhaust, and painting it pink....ok the pink is a bit too much, but you get my drift.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm all about the jailbreaking! It is the only reason I've kept my iPhone 3G and haven't gone with another vendor! The fact that I've been able to multitask, tether, turn my still camera into a video camera, etc... for months now has made it well worth it for me. I'll probably jailbreak my iPad when there is an easy release to do it with... that is until 4.0 comes out IN THE FALL because 4.0 addresses a lot of reasons why I would jailbreak in the first place.

KronicKaos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only reason I've jailbroken my iPhone in the past is for the customization aspect. Running custom themes and making it truly "my own" is a big benefit. If Apple allowed custom theme apps and had multitasking (which I know will be part of OS 4), I really wouldn't have any reason to JB my phone.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only reason I've jailbroken my iPhone in the past is for the customization aspect. Running custom themes and making it truly "my own" is a big benefit. If Apple allowed custom theme apps and had multitasking (which I know will be part of OS 4), I really wouldn't have any reason to JB my phone.

N64 (and other emulators) on iPad will be a great reason to jailbreak!

onecrayon

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Totally agree with you...it's like buying a Porsche and installing after market rims, an after market exhaust, and painting it pink....ok the pink is a bit too much, but you get my drift.

It is totally not like that at all. It's more like buying a porsch and after getting it home you find out the the Porsch company had installed artificial and arbitrary performance limits on nearly every aspect of the car. What JB does is remove some of those performance limits so you can have things like:
- multi tasking
- more icons in the dock
- more icons on the home page
- folder-like categories
- call blacklisting
- internet tethering
- a much more useful keyboard
- themes
- caller ID blocking
- lock screen items like email, weather, news, and SMS

And many other very useful features that should have been included in the stock phone but that Apple decided not to include. I've been running JB iphones and iPodsfor over a year and have yet to have a single problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts