What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad (jailbroken) wont sync bought apps.

Mill2k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

So yesterday i've got a iPad as a present and the first thing i decided to do was jailbreak it using Spirit etc etc.

Now it works fine if i just download apps etc and sync them through iTunes but when i buy apps they wont sync.

The app in question is "Midori", a japanese dictionairy.

iPad OS: 3.2
iTunes version: 9.1

It will start syncing and immediatly stop saying its completed, but when i look at my iPad theres no Midori there. No error msg or anything. Anyone knows how to help this problem? Tried wandering for answers on google for a while without luck. Kinda lost here.

Thanks in advance.

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This might be due to missing file,very unlikely but happens to me. If I have an app in iTunes but that app file is actually missing by accident or deleted from the iTunes media folder my iTunes says it's installed without any error but that app isn't present in iPad. So what I do is go to app(when iPad is not connected) and look for a gray exclamation mark beside the app icon in question. If there is one gray exclamation mark then I hit get info and iTunes asks me to locate the file. Once I locate the file everything is fine. I wonder if this is the case but won't hurt to check.

One more thing,the iTunes must be authorize the computer of yours before syncing any app from app store,and when not authorized there is some error but I am not sure why you didnt get any error.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
M

Mill2k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! :)
My iTunes still doesnt want to sync bought programms to my iPad... but i got it to work by going to the iStore on my iPad itself. Just try to buy my bought apps and it'll say i already paid for them and i get a free download. :)

Seems solved.. (For now)

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As said,missing file is the case here. Those files you purchased from store were on your iPad not the iTunes in PC so they wouldn't sync but showed on the list,once you downloaded 'em in itunes they are in the library and syncing as usual. Good that the problem is solved. Feel free to ask anymore questions you have.

Good luck with your iPad :)

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

So yesterday i've got a iPad as a present and the first thing i decided to do was jailbreak it using Spirit etc etc.

iPad OS: 3.2
iTunes version: 9.1

mmm.

You got one yesterday, and it is version 3.2 ?
I thought they are sailing it only with version 4.2 .
Did you perform a downgrade to 3.2 ?

Most reactions

Latest posts