What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad/Itunes/iCloud Backup and Restoration

patrickbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey All,

first, i'm a newb here and would like to thank you all in advance for any help.

Summary:

I had to reinstall my windows 7 machine, thus i lost all my itunes library.. which also means, that i could no longer sync my ipad to my computer without having to erase and resync.

I transfered purchases from ipad to the new itunes library, and reset the ipad. However, all my data and settings were no longer there, obviously.

I reset again, and restored a backup from the icloud, which worked perfectly.

However, in doing that, does that mean it still won't let me sync the ipad to the new computer?

any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Do not want to lose all my data

Hissyfits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
patrickbo said:
Hey All,

first, i'm a newb here and would like to thank you all in advance for any help.

Summary:

I had to reinstall my windows 7 machine, thus i lost all my itunes library.. which also means, that i could no longer sync my ipad to my computer without having to erase and resync.

I transfered purchases from ipad to the new itunes library, and reset the ipad. However, all my data and settings were no longer there, obviously.

I reset again, and restored a backup from the icloud, which worked perfectly.

However, in doing that, does that mean it still won't let me sync the ipad to the new computer?

any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Do not want to lose all my data

What I don't understand is how you can lose your iTunes library. I am not a huge techie or anything but I've always known iTunes to be an Internet website. I've very recently reformatted my computer and just had to download iTunes again and everything was there when the password was put in.

Most reactions