What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad issues

vanquish91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

well i have had my Ipad1 since they first came out during this time it has been perfect no issues or anything.

the past month it's really started to act wierd;

closing down safari when im mid browsing(alot)

It got progressively worse and this morning i went to reset it and found now it will not even charge or get recognised by my laptop.

I have tried soft rebooting and also the reset button but with no joy .

can anyone suggest anything or is this common ?

i'm really gutted if it has died! great bit of kit

thanks in advance
Damian

moheetdalvi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Connect your iPad to computer via I tunes and restore system files... Check out the tutorial on YouTube and you would be able to do it with ease... Also try and reset your iPad to factory settings... Best if luck...

69ragtopolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing a trend when it comes to the iPads and the iPhones. I gave my father a iPhone 4s 2.5 years ago.he babies it and loves it, its been working fantastic 3 days ago he reluctantly did the update March 31st 2016 that was sent to him from apple. the phone started updating and then froze , then restarted to the apple icon screen, then a few minutes later it said it needed to be plugged into iTunes, then nothing further. took it to the apple store in Charleston,South Carolina they said the logic board couldn't handle the update and was no longer useable, and "That sometimes happens". and they would be happy to help my dad find a new phone. he said he doubted that it "sometimes happens" and walked out.
I live in NC and just yesterday i was resetting my spare iPhone 5 to send to him to be able to use till i can get down to SC later this month to make sure that what had happened, happened. During the update the iPhone 5 did the same thing, 2 hours later and many forums later i finally did get it to reset successfully but for a phone that is suppose to flow so seamlessly it did not.( and i have reset and owned many iPhones and iPads without issues.
Now to top that , My mother in laws iPad Mini 1st gen like my dad in SC she babies her iPad,,after the current update guess what, April 1st 2016 did the update and now here iPad mini 1st gen is dead, I got it from her and asked if i could check a few things, i put a brand new battery (fully charged checked ) and it is totally dead. Took here locally to someone who works on iPhones and iPads.Guess What!!!!the logic board is no longer useable and is unsalvageable.. for me this is not coincidence and looking back through the forums I've read there are a lot of individuals that have had the same problems. Has this been addressed by Apple or is it becoming like Microsoft lets throw out another operating system and let John Q public find out whats wrong with and then we will charge them again for it. Feedback please!!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried restoring the iphone in DFU mode?

1. Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
  2. Turn off the device.
  3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
  4. Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
  5. Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
  6. After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.
At that point you should be able to restore your iPad, which will update it to the latest version of iOS, unless there's a hardware failure. This will erase all data on the iPad, restoring it to factory condition but if you have a backup you can set up the restored iPad from that backup.

The timing of the button pushes is critical. If you see the Apple logo or anything but a black screen, you're not in DFU mode and will have to try again.

This method works with iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches.

Most reactions

Latest posts