What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad is really hot!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just went to check it to see if it had completed it's charge and it is super hot. I think because it is in a case. It never did this before I got the case.

I mean it is really warm. I took it out of the case and it is cooling down. Interesting how lots of cases say "an opening to charge the ipad is available while in the case"

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never had this issue even when charging in my ZooGue case...

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just because it has an opening for the port, doesn't mean it's good at letting heat out. The iPad doesn't really vent heat out the docking port or the speakers.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah but my iPad is usually out of the case to charge anyhow...

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
at least make sure you turn off the screen.

I can see it getting hot if its:

#1 being charged
#2 in a case
#3 Screen is on

all at the same time, will definitely generate some heat. If you do charge it while in a case, at least try and turn the screen off.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or, I could see it generating heat if you had it charging in an area with poor reception with 3G constantly searching for a signal...

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
at least make sure you turn off the screen.

I can see it getting hot if its:

#1 being charged
#2 in a case
#3 Screen is on

all at the same time, will definitely generate some heat. If you do charge it while in a case, at least try and turn the screen off.

You think if I had turned if off and left it in the case it would not have gotten warm? Hell. Hot?

Good to know, Mike! Thanks!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never taken mine out of the case when charging...it has never gotten remotely warm...ever. Sounds like you have a problem or aren't using the apple provided charger...are you using an after market cable or adapter?

Anthony.L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is not anything new to the iPad. I would never charge a laptop in a case, it will get VERY hot as well.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never taken mine out of the case when charging...it has never gotten remotely warm...ever. Sounds like you have a problem or aren't using the apple provided charger...are you using an after market cable or adapter?

No of course not. I would never use a different charger. What problem could there be?

It never over heats when I charge it out of the case. Of course I just gotten this case, so this was the first time I charged it in the case.

Apparently, others have experienced this too.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is not anything new to the iPad. I would never charge a laptop in a case, it will get VERY hot as well.

Good to know ~
and your are right, I would never charge my lap top in the case either, but on most cases I looked at for the iPad, they specifically tell you that you can as there is that open slot to do so.

Most reactions

Latest posts