What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad is not charging up

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To be honest, over the last month the iPad has been taking pretty long to start up each time it goes out of charge, often several minutes. In the first few months it use to take less than a minute to start charging and quite often almost instantaneously.

Today it has been almost an hour since I put the charger in and it still hasn't started changing.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's supposed to start charging instantly. There's probably something wrong with your charger or USB cord. Do you know anyone who you can easily borrow a charger from, just to test? If your co-workers are like mine, there's often someone at work with a charger. Otherwise, you can go to an Apple store and they'll test and exchange if that's the problem.

OP
I

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's supposed to start charging instantly. There's probably something wrong with your charger or USB cord. Do you know anyone who you can easily borrow a charger from, just to test? If your co-workers are like mine, there's often someone at work with a charger. Otherwise, you can go to an Apple store and they'll test and exchange if that's the problem.

What I mean Is that the Appe logo is not showing up. It might be charging, but it should not take so long to start up. The cable is the original one and charging off the wall plug, but still it no longer starts up fast. I also have two other good cables but no difference.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You mean you've been powering down your iPad every time you charge? There's no need. Leave it on, charge, take it off the charger and resume using. Apple advises powering down only about once a month, to keep the battery calibrater accurate.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
You mean you've been powering down your iPad every time you charge? There's no need. Leave it on, charge, take it off the charger and resume using. Apple advises powering down only about once a month, to keep the battery calibrater accurate.

You mean run the battery down all the way.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

You mean run the battery down all the way.

Yup, you're right.

Most reactions