What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad is awesome

delinahishak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well iPad is cool, I have a htc flyer first before iPad but after I use iPad, it's so easy to use. That's people always says apple is users friendly. Thumbs up for apple.

bikermolly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are right there, but if it had a flash player, that would make it even better. However they are fantastic.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would you be happy with a Flash player and a 5 hour battery life? Flash on my HTC - even the cut down mobile version which does not play Flash apps - cuts my battery life in half

-t

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would you be happy with a Flash player and a 5 hour battery life? Flash on my HTC - even the cut down mobile version which does not play Flash apps - cuts my battery life in half

-t

I don't buy the battery life argument with Flash. I just want it forvthe occasional web site that needs it. I wouldn't be running Flash 100% of the time, probably less than 5%.

Flotzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At least not having Flash you don't get the annoying ads!

I use a flashblocker on my pc

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
The thing I like about iOS, especially comming from a strict 20 year background in Windows, is the fact Apple have this 'closed' system where I do what they say. I love it. Easy. No faffing about, nothing to personally mess up or configure, no indifference. It's almost holding my hand through the device every time I use it. Like a breath of fresh air.

To most peeps this is a major restriction. Most don't like their liberties infringed like this. Fine, up to them, but this isn't how Apple intend it.
Apple want a universally and completely accessible easy operating system that a complete idiot can operate in his sleep.
My aged mother and father, who've never even touched a mouse before in their lives, can quickly pick up the vibe on how an iPad works, and actually embrace and enjoy it after several minutes realising, (like Windows stuff frequently will), it won't bite, break or mess up.

But try an Android system with them and it's a 100% non starter guaranteed.

it's cool to hate Apple (I'm not a huge fan) but they do make exceedingly good mobile devices. I myself am techie to a degree, and yes, the freedom of an HTC gives me more options, but I don't wont them. I really don't. iOS gives me what I want. If you want more then jail break or jump ship even. iOS must be taken at what it is, then embrace it or leave it.

Also, the iPad hardware is a beautifully proven and tested bit of kit, being uber sexy to boot. This to me is another major selling experience. No other tablet on the Market can stand up to the iPad in looks alone let alone smoothness of swiping and operating.

Personally, I can live without Flash

What was the question again?

Last edited:

bikermolly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used several windows computers over the years, 95,98, millennium , xp, vista and now seven and there is often problems with the systems and quite honestly none of them compare to the iPad . The clarity on the screen makes a big difference to viewing for long periods.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
but then i'd never personally compare a Windows desktop operating system to a portable device ios like you are. it's apples and pears.

i'd always always plump for Windows OS of mac OSX for desk top operating, hands down, but for mobile devices? i've never used a Windows mobile OS to compare.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
The thing I like about iOS, especially comming from a strict 20 year background in Windows, is the fact Apple have this 'closed' system where I do what they say. I love it. Easy. No faffing about, nothing to personally mess up or configure, no indifference. It's almost holding my hand through the device every time I use it. Like a breath of fresh air.

To most peeps this is a major restriction. Most don't like their liberties infringed like this. Fine, up to them, but this isn't how Apple intend it.
Apple want a universally and completely accessible easy operating system that a complete idiot can operate in his sleep.
My aged mother and father, who've never even touched a mouse before in their lives, can quickly pick up the vibe on how an iPad works, and actually embrace and enjoy it after several minutes realising, (like Windows stuff frequently will), it won't bite, break or mess up.

But try an Android system with them and it's a 100% non starter guaranteed.

it's cool to hate Apple (I'm not a huge fan) but they do make exceedingly good mobile devices. I myself am techie to a degree, and yes, the freedom of an HTC gives me more options, but I don't wont them. I really don't. iOS gives me what I want. If you want more then jail break or jump ship even. iOS must be taken at what it is, then embrace it or leave it.

Also, the iPad hardware is a beautifully proven and tested bit of kit, being uber sexy to boot. This to me is another major selling experience. No other tablet on the Market can stand up to the iPad in looks alone let alone smoothness of swiping and operating.

Personally, I can live without Flash

What was the question again?

This is a great post. I do agree that flash would be great though and don't understand why it can't be setup to only turn on when a site requires it. Seems like a simple thing to do.

I totally agree with the simplicity of the iPad. My wife has tech issues, yet she figured the thing out totally by herself. This is a girl that struggled using a mouse for weeks. I bought her an android phone and it is taking her longer and with more frustration to understand it. She probably would do better with an iPhone, but that is another story.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had an IPad for almost a year with an IPad 2 just 2 months, and can honestly say that there are no comparisons between all the other tablets and an IPad. As far as the old flash goes (flash is old news) I use an app called "Puffin" that converts the old flash to the HTML5 and makes it viewable on my IPad.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackbelt said:
I have had an IPad for almost a year with an IPad 2 just 2 months, and can honestly say that there are no comparisons between all the other tablets and an IPad. As far as the old flash goes (flash is old news) I use an app called "Puffin" that converts the old flash to the HTML5 and makes it viewable on my IPad.

Which Puffin app do you have? Is this better than Swifter?

chokem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Long time iPhone user, just got my first iPad. It's awesome, I'm impressed, and I'm pretty hard to impress after having an i4 for almost a year. Good job (no pun intended) Apple Inc!

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love my ipad 2 but wish it had my old ipad 1screen... Cooler tint... Flash would be good too... But I have a 10.1 I can use.

Most reactions

Latest posts