What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad ipod question

Zsara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I want to use a device to amplify my ipad1 when I play my iPod are there speakers made for this purpose? I know you can buy speakers for the iPods but can I buy the same mini speakers to work with my iPad? It would help with watching tv shows as well as listening to music.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe a mod can move this to the iPad accessories section.
You can search and see if there are any existing threads about speakers.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If I want to use a device to amplify my ipad1 when I play my iPod are there speakers made for this purpose? I know you can buy speakers for the iPods but can I buy the same mini speakers to work with my iPad? It would help with watching tv shows as well as listening to music.

Hi Zsara - I'm not sure that I understand your statement above that I've put in bold? I assume that you are asking whether the iPad's sound can be amplified like that on an iPod rather than doing both at once?

The iPad's earphone attachment (top left) accepts a stereo adapter just like that on the iPod; either headphones or external speakers can be used wired to the device. I have my music on an iPod but I do listen to the Pandora radio station on the iPad w/ headphones.

Of course, both devices offer Bluetooth (a short range wireless option) - headphones and/or external speakers are available.

Now if you want 'specific' recommendations for these audio accessories, as suggested you might want to search the forum or visit the accessories - there has been plenty of discussion on these items here - good luck! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts