Ipad ipod question

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Zsara, May 30, 2011.

1. Zsara

Zsara iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If I want to use a device to amplify my ipad1 when I play my iPod are there speakers made for this purpose? I know you can buy speakers for the iPods but can I buy the same mini speakers to work with my iPad? It would help with watching tv shows as well as listening to music.

2. graywolf

graywolf iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Maybe a mod can move this to the iPad accessories section.
    You can search and see if there are any existing threads about speakers.

3. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,146 / 0
    Hi Zsara - I'm not sure that I understand your statement above that I've put in bold? I assume that you are asking whether the iPad's sound can be amplified like that on an iPod rather than doing both at once?

The iPad's earphone attachment (top left) accepts a stereo adapter just like that on the iPod; either headphones or external speakers can be used wired to the device. I have my music on an iPod but I do listen to the Pandora radio station on the iPad w/ headphones.

Of course, both devices offer Bluetooth (a short range wireless option) - headphones and/or external speakers are available.

Now if you want 'specific' recommendations for these audio accessories, as suggested you might want to search the forum or visit the accessories - there has been plenty of discussion on these items here - good luck! :)