What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad, ipod and itunes

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not a genius nor a complete idiot but many of us have iphones, ipods and ipads so why is it when I sync my ipad one day then the next, sync my ipod, does it remove stuff from the ipod simply because it's not in my ipad?
Should it not see each toy as a separate entity and treat it as such?

A vowel seems to make a big difference.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
It should recognise the different devices, and sync each according to how you've set them up.

Can you describe exactly what's happening in more detail, I have no problem syncing two iPhones, an iPad and several iPods, all with different things on them.

OP
Beerman

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It should recognise the different devices, and sync each according to how you've set them up.

Can you describe exactly what's happening in more detail, I have no problem syncing two iPhones, an iPad and several iPods, all with different things on them.
I've had an ipod for awhile and sync regularly with itunes. I have some apps on it but mostly just tunes and pictures.
When I got my iPad and started it up , it synced all my apps to my iPad but not my music and photos which I selected myself. Today I went to sync the iPod and it immediately added the apps from my iPad to my iPod and also removed some photos from the iPod. I'm thinking it has something to do with both being named 'Paul'. Could that be the problem? Both devices defaulted to that name when first synced.

Reaction score
Flash ain't gonna happen and don't jack threads complaining about it Willy.

I too am at a loss as my daughters ipods don't interfere with my wife's Ipad or vice versa.
Maybe the name is the problem. Can you add an S to Paul on one of them and see if that changes anything.
Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

pxexaxcxex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beerman said:
I've had an ipod for awhile and sync regularly with itunes. I have some apps on it but mostly just tunes and pictures.
When I got my iPad and started it up , it synced all my apps to my iPad but not my music and photos which I selected myself. Today I went to sync the iPod and it immediately added the apps from my iPad to my iPod and also removed some photos from the iPod. I'm thinking it has something to do with both being named 'Paul'. Could that be the problem? Both devices defaulted to that name when first synced.

All mine have different names and they sync separately. Try resetting and give it a new identity.

OP
Beerman

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK, gave both a new and completely different name. Added 1 free app to the Ipad 2 and synced...it synced successfully.
Plugged in the Ipod and it immediately added the app to my iPod.
I can't find anything anywhere on Apple's site that discusses what should and should not happen in a situation like this.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have the new iCloud sync on on both devices? That might account for the new app's appearance.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You have the automatically sync new apps setting selected on the iPod, this isn't new and has been there way before the icloud announcement. Im On the iPad so can't check exactly where in iTunes it is, but when you plug the iPod in go to the apps tab in iTunes on it and it should be there somewhere.

pxexaxcxex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
You have the automatically sync new apps setting selected on the iPod, this isn't new and has been there way before the icloud announcement. Im On the iPad so can't check exactly where in iTunes it is, but when you plug the iPod in go to the apps tab in iTunes on it and it should be there somewhere.

Sync 101. That should fix the problem.

Most reactions