What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad/ iphone iMessages

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
If the sender has only your iPhone telephone number in their contact and not the email address associated with your iPad then I think the iPad won't receive it. Make sure all the people who contact you use have your email in their contact details for you.

dminor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone know how to change your profile picture on iMessage?

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes iMessages come through on both iPad & iPhone but other times only on one of them. Why?
i get this problem too,messages from my contacts don't always show up on every device yet these are established contacts that i have been messaging for some time,i put it down to iMessage still being in beta and prone to problems.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
It's not about your contacts on your device but what the people messaging you are using. If they use your telephone number then the iPad won't get it.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not about your contacts on your device but what the people messaging you are using. If they use your telephone number then the iPad won't get it.
everyone i iMessage use my email but even then there are times when they don't appear on my 4s,as i say i put this down to beta as its intermittent.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For those of you to whom it may apply, it appears that the iMessage (beta) application for Macs (OS X) may be the culprit. It's recommended you disable and delete it until the final version comes out with Mountain Lion (OS 10.8). If it does not apply to you primarily, it may still be an issue with the person or persons who you are having problems messaging to.

A Potential Fix for iMessage Woes - NYTimes.com

Most reactions

Latest posts