What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad, iPhone and PC - Outlook

alzomb001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spoke too soon thinking the issue I had had resolved itself, hence the moderator closed the thread so I need to start again.

I have a PC using Outlook and bought an iPhone 4s some months ago. I linked the iPhone with my outlook on the PC and had a few problems whereby once viewed and deleted from the iPhone they also disappeared from the PC and the ISP server. What I wanted was the emails to go to all devices and only be deleted from each device when I specifically requested it on said device. I played around with the settings asked a few questions and eventually the issue was resolved.

This month for my birthday I got an iPad. Connected it through iTunes and got most of my stuff transferred that way. However I now seem to have the old problem back.. Once an email is viewed on a device (Phone or Pad) it never arrives at my PC. I've been to all of the device settings PC, ISP server(Sky), iPhone and iPad and set them up so they never delete email from the server. I've also set the ISP to keep a copy on the server until I delete it.

All to no avail, I'm still not getting all mail to all devices..and only deleted when I do it specifically on a device, ISP server or PC.

Any ideas gratefully accepted

Al

OP
A

alzomb001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should have said that I can't remember what I changed to get it working with iPhone, PC and ISP server....well it was my 65th birthday...

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It may depend what email source your using. Gmail, RoadRunner, Yahoo, etc. Which do you use on the devices?

OP
A

alzomb001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this, I use Gky email which I think is Gmail

Al

Most reactions

Latest posts