What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad/iPad 2

Mkers21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

im looking to possibly get an ipad/2 soon and wanted some opinions on whether i should spend 399 on an original iPad or 499 on an iPad 2? is it worth the extra $100 or so?

any opinions from people that have owned both...?

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

im looking to possibly get an ipad/2 soon and wanted some opinions on whether i should spend 399 on an original iPad or 499 on an iPad 2? is it worth the extra $100 or so?

I'd get the iPad2 for the camera if not anything else.

Rever3nce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hookbill said:
I'd get the iPad2 for the camera if not anything else.

Camera is actually not all that great in quality but good feature . If that makes since lol

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Processor makes a sufferance, and the option of white is nice IMO

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't help you unless you provide a little information as to what you plan to use it for.

What is you planned use for it . . . . . . Do you have a planned use for it.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Your desire to consider the $399 cost is time limited as they are gone when gone. In other words, Apple is no longer making iPad ... only iPad2. But of course there are many who would like to upgrade from their original purchases and will gladly sell you a used one.

There is no question the performance is much better with iPad2, especially involving graphics. Of course, it also has a dual core and so it will process everything faster. The new one is a bit lighter and thinner ... has the slick magnetic on/off feature plus the camera let you do video conferencing.

If you are on a tight budget ... go for the original iPad if you can find one.
With iPad2 they will be in production for the rest of the year ... so timing on that is up to you. Battery life is the same as is the screen size and quality ... however, as better apps are developed the iPad2 will be able to do things the iPad can only wish for, but never get.

That's called progress. Your choice, your decision ... lots of luck

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you get iPad 1 get one from apple cover for one year only 349 for 16 gb they have other
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad?mco=OTY2ODY4NQ

Refurbished iPad with Wi-Fi 16GB (first generation)
Originally Released April 2010
16GB flash drive capacity
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
9.7-inch widescreen display
Multi-Touch screen
1.5 pounds and 0.5 inch
$349.00
Save $50.00
12% off

Last edited:

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Get the 2. Why in a year or so when you want the 3 a 2 will bring you at least a hundred more than a 1. Besides 2 has dual processor, and the graphics is 9 times faster.

Most reactions

Latest posts