What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad initial set up after unboxing-is it dead?PLEASE HELP

Mishka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
to get iPads to load first time you need Mac OSX Snow Leopard

I want to help as many people with this is I can.
I had the same problem. Posted in another place, but nonetheless:
1. you need to upgrade your operating system to the latest (which costs $$), 2.THEN get online and upgrade your new operating system (it may take an hour or two)
3.THEN make sure you're in iTunes 9.2 or later
4.THEN plug in your iPad.

Unless you're super cutting edge, zip will happen. You're not alone.

Hello
I ve bought a brand new sealed ipad in my last trip in the US and i was really glad that i did so.

i plugged the ipad in my mac book pro(after having updated it to meet the specs for ipad) and the ipad is in recovery mode(as it is supposed to be) and nothing is happening(usb cable icon facing the i tunes icon)

Summary, the ipad isnt recognized at all. i restarted both pieces, but they can not see each other. Itunes has the latest update (9.1)

I ve tried eveything, different usb ports, restarts, reinstall itunes, use different computer, reset ipad but the ipad still the same-CAN NOT SET IT UP-

usually that would take 2 sec, just plug it and i tunes will come up automatically

On the other side, every time i plug the ipad with the charger it starts with the apple icon on the middle of the screen, the the recovery mode and does one ping(which means that power goes in)

I am really in a bad mood and i feel that i did everything

Can anyone advise please?is it dead?

Would appreciate any thoughts- here in the uk apple stores can not support-they keep saying item is not released, and sorry we are not trained to solve problems.

Many thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts