What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad in Law Enforcement

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
henry2 said:
there is about 10 applications that are comeing out for the law enforcement field in about three months to six month time frame check on itunes for the applications .

also look on the couple of the diff officer forums in the electronics software programs for law enforcement .. also try appshopper .com for some of the applications

plus if you have a mac computer try a program file maker on the mac computer to make diff files for street partol or other street work .. my friend who is on the Los Angles County Sheriff Dept ..he has worked diff units inside the Sheriff dept right now he working in Homicide ..he would make up diff files for work on the street side along with keeping his files on the desktop and downloads them to the iphone as need

one of the files is the basic file of street interviews on his personal iphone set up ..with the following areas on the application

-x-time and date of the call to go to homicide
-x-full name of the person along with date of birth
-x-some basic background on the person
-x-conditions at the time of call for homicide -x-night or day or evening
plus anything else he can put into the report to help with the case ..

you can do this for diff types of partol ..so you know where your problem child are in the area that you partol..

you can set up in the file like this

-x-time and date of the stop
-x-conditions of the stop
-x-area of the stop
-x-full name of the driver
-x-color photo of the person'
-x-home address
-x-car make and model of the person who was driveing
-x-names of the other people in the car
-x-arrest record of the person that is beening questioned ..basic info nothing that can hurt you if the phone is lost

plus anything else you can put onto the file..most of the partol cars computers have all this info in data base .but if working in a unmarked unit it should be helpfull if you setting there and a person of interest comes your way on the street ..

Sounds like police profiling to me. I'm not a cop hater, but I definitely believe that there are plenty of cops out there trying to just ruin a day.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
HowBoutThemPack said:
Sounds like police profiling to me. I'm not a cop hater, but I definitely believe that there are plenty of cops out there trying to just ruin a day.

In 55 years I've never encountered a peace officer trying to ruin a day.
The men and women I know, as much as they will let a civilian know them, are selfless and brave. They are not like you or me, for which I am grateful.

AA

PDLite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
The men and women I know, as much as they will let a civilian know them, are selfless and brave. They are not like you or me, for which I am grateful.

AA

Nicely stated.

Eumatthe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ledcome.com
HowBoutThemPack said:

Cool, thanks

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:

AA

Yes very well stated!

I've been enjoying your Avatars of late Admiral.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As one old time officer said to me back in 1988 time frame when i first came on the force . it not hard to see who is allways screwing up in a small town when you answer about every other call in town is at there house for some reason or another .So remember to keep a eye out for them because somewhere down the line you find them mixed up in it somewhere .

As i drive through my hometown some night's i allway's spot the same people up to no good and it comes from the same family group who i have years of contact with over them throught out the year of them beening the problem childern of the area from the dad & mom to the kids..

Some as the old saying the apple does fall far from the tree as they say .

Steveman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Daren The city of Moore Oklahoma is way on the cutting edge of technology. They are now using Ipads MDT in the police cars not laptops anymore. The are connected trough a app to the ncic database. The also bought state of the art Martel Electronics police car camera.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not just the Moore police department. I got caught not slowing down fast enough for a construction zone on the Cimarron and was given a real nice printout for a warning. my wife tried to glue it to the dash.

mwgrigs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Police Mobile Technology

If this thread is still active, I would be very interested in hearing how other agencies are utilizing new mobile technologies while complying with CJIS (Criminal Justice Information Systems) requirements. Specifically looking at two-factor authentication, electronic discovery, and mobile device management. While I do not foresee many apps aiding in the "physical enforcement" of the law, there are a great many tools to aid officers and police administrators with collaboration, intelligence, communication and training/development. Thoughts!?

Most reactions