1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad in Every Room for Guests at the New York Plaza

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    [ame=http://vimeo.com/19170938]Intelity's ICE Touch Premiers at The Plaza Hotel on Vimeo[/ame]​

A luxury living website, Luxist, has a fascinating report on how the Plaza hotel in New York, as of this January, has become the first hotel in the world to provide an iPad in every room for guests, which they can then use to order guest services and control various facilities in their room. The iPads use the Interactive Customer Experience software (ICE) designed by Intelity, to run the new system. The Plaza’s specially adapted app includes a multimedia welcome message for guests, as well as the ability to order room service, make reservations in the restaurant, communicate with the concierge, order wake-up calls, check out NYC guides, and check their flight schedules and even print out boarding passes, all via the iPad. The iPad can also be used to control many everyday in-room functions, such as turning the lights on and off, and adjusting the heating and air conditioning in the room.

Source: Luxist The Plaza in New York Offers iPads in all Guest Rooms and Suites (with Video)
  2. zorah

zorah iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Love it. OOO LA LA. LOL, I'd be happy to have the Infinity app be compatible with my current Comcast cable boxes!
  3. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I saw this and said, "Dang! I need to fly to New York City and check this out!" so I checked their website to book my reservation.

New York Hotels: Luxury New York Hotel at The Plaza

The Fairmont Savers package is apparently their most "economical" room rate. It includes:

Luxurious accommodations in a guest room or suite
    Complimentary daily local newspaper
    Complimentary WIFI internet access
    Complimentary local telephone calls

The "cheapest" rate is, "Starting from $716 USD per night in a Plaza Room."

Thanks Plaza! For the price of ONE NIGHT in your hotel, I can stay at the Motel 6, buy another iPad and keep it after I check out!
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  4. zorah

zorah iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    LOL!! Isn't that the truth??? In fact, my particular version of iPad is $216 cheaper than one night at that hotel! You are a hoot for looking that up! Hilarious!