What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad, iEpson and NX230 Printer Connection Issues

Longtrain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad2, iPod Touch and an Ubuntu notebook connected to a Netgear Router. My wife bought an Epson NX230 wireless printer to use with her iPad, however, I cannot load the Windows software to configure the printer's wireless settings. Is there any way to setup the iPad and NX230 without Windows? I downloaded the iEpson app and of course it cannot find the NX230.

Thanks for any help...

Tony
Longtrain

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You would have to program the wifi settings into the printer directly to have it appear on the network. I believe you have to manually type the networks SSID and password via the control panel. The manual should direct you through that process.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Longtrain said:
I have an iPad2, iPod Touch and an Ubuntu notebook connected to a Netgear Router. My wife bought an Epson NX230 wireless printer to use with her iPad, however, I cannot load the Windows software to configure the printer's wireless settings. Is there any way to setup the iPad and NX230 without Windows? I downloaded the iEpson app and of course it cannot find the NX230.

Thanks for any help...

Tony
Longtrain

Try the following:

Make sure to place the Epson within range of your router or access point.

If your router or access point has security enabled, determine the kind of security it is using and any required password or passphrase for connection. Then make sure to enter the exact WEP key or WPA passphrase correctly.
If this doesn't work
Try this;
Check to see if access restrictions, such as MAC address filtering, are set on the router or access point. If access restrictions are set, add your Epson MAC address to your router's address list. To obtain your Epson MAC address, print a network status sheet. Then follow the instructions in your router or access point documentation to add the address to the list.

If your wireless router or access point does not broadcast its network name (SSID), follow the instructions that came with your product to enter your wireless network name manually.

OP
L

Longtrain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, the NX230 has no control panel that can accept SSID and a Pswd, it must be done through Windows, so, I borrowed my daughter's Windows PC and loaded the software that came with the printer and we're good to go. Except that the Epson NX230 is not supported by the iPad and I am forced to use iEpson, which has limited functionality intergrating with most iPad apps. Will Apple ever support that printer?
Printing is a bit of a pain, but, that's what I've got to use at this point.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Longtrain said:
Apple ever support that printer?

it is more like will the printer ever support AirPrint? Epson could have easily made that model AirPrint compatible. They may do so through a firmware upgrade in the future.

Most reactions

Latest posts