What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad identification

casel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,,,I am trying to find out what model of IPad I have,,what I mean is,,,,is it iPad 1'2 or 3 and is it air pad and could it be iPad pro.?
Could you please tell me.
Len.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi all,,,I am trying to find out what model of IPad I have,,what I mean is,,,,is it iPad 1'2 or 3 and is it air pad and could it be iPad pro.?
Could you please tell me.

Hi Len - first, screen size will help, see the image below from Apple - easy to tell the Pro from the Mini w/ the others in-between; second, is the dock connector the older 30-pin one (i.e. first iPad & iPad 2) or a lightning attachment.

If still not certain, go into Settings -> About and look at the 'Model' & 'Serial Number' - go HERE and enter one of those numbers; also, check w/ this Apple Support Article; or look at the back of the iPad @ the bottom. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 12.31.27 PM.png

OP
C

casel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Len - first, screen size will help, see the image below from Apple - easy to tell the Pro from the Mini w/ the others in-between; second, is the dock connector the older 30-pin one (i.e. first iPad & iPad 2) or a lightning attachment.

If still not certain, go into Settings -> About and look at the 'Model' & 'Serial Number' - go HERE and enter one of those numbers; also, check w/ this Apple Support Article; or look at the back of the iPad @ the bottom. Dave :)
View attachment 68711

Thanks very much Dave,,it tells me I have an iPad 3rd generation,,so I am in the right forum. Thanks again.
Len

Most reactions

Latest posts