What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad icons

phillie5235

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have purchased apps and there was no room to put icons
Now I have room but do not know how to put the purchased icon on my desktop?
Help

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not understand what your problem is. You can add several pages to the iPad for keeping more apps. Or you can join several apps together into a file cluster that you can name, or will self name. Any time you download an app to the iPad, it will find a place to be.

OP
phillie5235

phillie5235

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
I do not understand what your problem is. You can add several pages to the iPad for keeping more apps. Or you
Ugh ts thro
can join several apps together into a file cluster that you can name, or will self name. Any time you download an app to the iPad, it will find a place to be.[/ them in fo

I have purchased a lot of apps that exceeded the 11pages and had not put them in folders so I put them in folders to free up space but I do not know how to put them on the desktop now.
The only way I can access these apps Is to go to search
I would like to know how to now put these icons on my desktop
Thank for responding

OP
phillie5235

phillie5235

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have made room for my apps now by putting them in folders and now I don't know how to get the other apps that I had already purchased onto the desktop
The only way I can access them is through search

PJStar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. The issue is not that there is no room for additional icons to show. The issue is that the app icon is not visible on the screen. To open the app you must go to the search screen to find it. Once you search for the app and launch it you can see it in the bottom bar to switch over to the app. But the icon will not display on the screen. Hopefully, one of you have come up with a solution for this issue.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried swiping right to left while on the home screen to reveal the second home page?

PJStar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have 6 screens of apps. So that is not the problem.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have made room for my apps now by putting them in folders and now I don't know how to get the other apps that I had already purchased onto the desktop
The only way I can access them is through search

I have the same problem. The issue is not that there is no room for additional icons to show. The issue is that the app icon is not visible on the screen. To open the app you must go to the search screen to find it. Once you search for the app and launch it you can see it in the bottom bar to switch over to the app. But the icon will not display on the screen. Hopefully, one of you have come up with a solution for this issue.

It has to be in one of the folders which you created-if you are able to locate the app on your ipad when you use the Search function. Try looking into your folders to see if it is in one of the files. Than you can pull it out and have it stand alone as how you want it.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You still won't be able to see them on your iPad until you connect to itunes and move them onto the available spaces or into a folder.

By using folders on your iPad or even your iPhone you can better organize your apps and dramatically reduce the clutter on the home screens of your device.
Keep in mind that the apps you installed after you maxed out your home screens will still not be visible until you get them moved out of limbo. For this I would suggest using itunes to move them into one of the folders you create. If needed, you can move them out of the folder after you synchronize the device.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In iTunes on your computer, the apps can be seen in many forms. You can go through the apps and find which folder they are in, if you forget. Since you have the option of how to name your folders, yo can give yourself clues as to which folder they are in. For example, I have several apps for weather, so they are in one folder, another for various news apps, and one for my various navigation apps. And with the number of pages available, you can also cluster the folders according to various needs.

Most reactions

Latest posts