What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad I Wanted Finally Mine!!!

bemvebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't turn on anymore. It had about 90% charge friend was looking at the o.s. version, was jailbroken by previous owner. Put it down to talk to someone looked back on the desk and it was off. I thought it turned itself off because of inactivity, when we tried to continue using it, the ipad wouldn't turn on. Has anyone else out there experienced this? I bought this unit used. It's a 64GB WIFI only model 1st gen. :confused::confused::confused:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to reboot.

Press and hold the Power and Home buttons for about 60 seconds - yes - 60! - until the white Apple logo appears.

The iPad will then reboot- it takes a while, so have patience....

Good luck

Tim
Scotland

Reaction score
Please forgive the obvious question, but have you pressed the power button (at the top right corner) to activate it again?

Otherwise you might want to enter DFU mode or restart by following this instruction:

Press and hold Power or Sleep-Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds.
Release the Power or Sleep-Wake button and continue holding the Home button for 10 to 60 more seconds.

OP
bemvebob

bemvebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, What is DFU mode? and if I hold the power button and home button for 10 seconds then only let go of the on/off button only but continue holding the home button for 10-60 seconds more, until what? Will the white apple appear and reboot whole system or just restart it? Will the J.B. mode remain? I would like it back to where it was J.B. and working think it was running 4.2

Most reactions

Latest posts