What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad HOT after IOS 7 update

Thewes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone's ipad flaming hot after the update? Mine is cooking and the battery is slow to charge and fast to fade. I have disabled most everything I don't need and it is still smoking/draining. Bummer :(

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone's ipad flaming hot after the update? Mine is cooking and the battery is slow to charge and fast to fade. I have disabled most everything I don't need and it is still smoking/draining. Bummer :(
Hi, welcome to iPF!

My iPad 3 used to get hot because of screen brightness. Perhaps this is also the reason why yours gets hot, too. Go to Settings - Wallpapers & Brightness, turn off Auto Brightness and reduce Brightness.
Hope that helps.

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do as suggested above. Also, do you have any apps running in the background? These apps will use a lot of power and in turn, make your iPad quite hot.

Most reactions

Latest posts