What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad HELP

fmarco27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the Ipad 5 since April this year with no major problems, but right now i am having no sound within any of my applications, the sound button shows in display when prompted but not every time and no sound at all...no video sound, no music,etc....i tried resetting the ipad with no luck and also verified the settings and i can not figure out what is wrong.... any recommendations please?....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
i have the Ipad 5 since April this year with no major problems, but right now i am having no sound within any of my applications, the sound button shows in display when prompted but not every time and no sound at all...no video sound, no music,etc....i tried t the ipad with no luck and also verified the settings and i can not figure out what is wrong.... any recommendations please?....

Hi Fmarco.. - welcome to the forum! :) First, the iPad 5 has not been released, so I'm assuming that you mean the iPad 4 - correct? Second, as already suggested check to make that your mute switch is not stopping the sound? As to resetting the iPad, please make sure that your are doing the procedure correcting (see quote below) - SO, after checking the mute switch & doing a proper 'Reset' respond back here w/ the results - good luck! Dave

Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
F

fmarco27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Fmarco.. - welcome to the forum! :) First, the iPad 5 has not been released, so I'm assuming that you mean the iPad 4 - correct? Second, as already suggested check to make that your mute switch is not stopping the sound? As to resetting the iPad, please make sure that your are doing the procedure correcting (see quote below) - SO, after checking the mute switch & doing a proper 'Reset' respond back here w/ the results - good luck! Dave

Yes, hi i already checked and the mute switch is not responding it shows "sound effects" sometimes in the screen when i press it but not all the time. I reset the ipad for the 3rd time and still no luck...:/

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, hi i already checked and the mute switch is not responding it shows "sound effects" sometimes in the screen when i press it but not all the time. I reset the ipad for the 3rd time and still no luck...:/

OK - first make sure that you did a proper 'Reset', i.e. you need to hold both the Power & Home buttons at the same time until the iPad reboots - if the slider appears do not stop and slide - hold until the device reboots - just an extra check - many get this step wrong.

Second, have you recently upgraded to iOS 7.0.2? And if so, did these problems start after this upgrade?

Finally, please go to Settings > General > Mute to see what the setting is and if Muted, check you Side Switch to make sure that it is not set to 'Mute' - let me stop there and have you respond - if none of these suggestions help, the respond back - good luck! Dave :)

OP
F

fmarco27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i reset it again and turned it off for about an hour and now it is working o_O ...this happened before since I upgraded the software to the IoS 7.2...Thanks for all your help!!

OP
F

fmarco27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here we go....it just happened again...no sound and the sound switch is not responding....i guess this is a damn bug of the freaking iOS 7 crap! :/

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try cleaning the connector. Do so very cautiously, with a soft brush, or blow it out.
Also: did/do you use headphones, and if so, do you have sound there?

I see that no one suggested this before: force close apps an check your sound afterwards. If it works, then one of your apps is the "culprit".

Force close:
Double tap Home button to reveal multitask bar, then drag thumbnails towards the top of the screen.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi giradman, you are so smart! Thank you! Mute, duh!:)
Animalstar

Well, we all had similar situations when first learning about the iPad - can't remember all of the questions that I had, but losing sound because of the mute slider was likely one of them - now, I'm a big manual reader, so was aware of the switch - when my wife got her 'lovable' iPad Mini, I was waiting for her to come out and tell me that the sound stopped in her games - ;) Well, she tricked me by defaulting the switch to 'lock orientation' (probably knew because I told her to read the manual) - :D

OP
F

fmarco27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it is not the mute/sound button like I said before, that was one of the obvious things i tried since the beggining; the mute/sound button it is simply not responding; it did respond after one of the numerous reset attempts but right now it is not responding at all again...It seems to be a problem with the ioS 7 according to a message i received from the Apple help forum... they want me to bring it to the store or just simply wait for the new software fix that apparently is coming out soon....

Most reactions

Latest posts